Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Teeth grinding

DS has this new thing of grinding his teeth together. I heard it today, and it sounded like he had a piece of candy in his mouth or something, and I quickly opened his mouth to look. Nope...he was just grinding his top and bottom teeth together for some reason. He has been doing this since Friday per DH. Anybody elses DC doing this??

Re: Teeth grinding

• oh yes, ds has 7 teeth and has been doing it for some time now.  drives me nuts!!  but i am told it is normal. 

How is your DS feeling??  how did the 24 hours with no food go?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS does this too and it drives me insane, it's like nails on a chalkboard! I'm always scared hes going to chip a tooth or damage them in some way.

I was told they'll stop eventually..I hope its soon!

• Loading the player...
  • imageFeb32005:

DS does this too and it drives me insane, it's like nails on a chalkboard! I'm always scared hes going to chip a tooth or damage them in some way.

I was told they'll stop eventually..I hope its soon!

look at it this way, at least they are baby teeth and he will lose them eventually :)

• imagemlc92404:

oh yes, ds has 7 teeth and has been doing it for some time now.  drives me nuts!!  but i am told it is normal. 

:::Whew:::: I seriously thought it was just my kid that did that! I hate the sound of it. It also drives me nuts!
    The 24 hr no food was horrible. He wanted to eat SO bad, and all he could have was water and pedialite. It took tons of love and soothing to get him to sleep and be calm. But, the virus is gone! It actually worked. : )

• imageNewlywednOhio:
    imagemlc92404:

oh yes, ds has 7 teeth and has been doing it for some time now.  drives me nuts!!  but i am told it is normal. 

:::Whew:::: I seriously thought it was just my kid that did that! I hate the sound of it. It also drives me nuts!
    The 24 hr no food was horrible. He wanted to eat SO bad, and all he could have was water and pedialite. It took tons of love and soothing to get him to sleep and be calm. But, the virus is gone! It actually worked. : )

Oh good!!  I'm glad to hear he is feeling better!!  When I read your post last night all I could think of is how my DS is when he is hungry.  He doesn't want to be held or anything.  And when he is really hungry he doesn't even want a bottle, so water and pedialite wouldn't make him happy either.  Oh if we could only tell them why.  I can imagine how helpless that must feel.  But I am glad he is better!!!

• Yes, it drives me crazy. She also uses her fingernail to go back and forth over her teeth and that sounds awful, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"