January 2012 Moms
Options

Feelin crafty and cheap this week

So it started out with LO being unswaddled, and we needed a sleep sack.  The only ones I could find were $20 and we're running a little tight with the money this month.  So I decided I could just make my own! 

Outer material: $5 (50% off coupon at Jo-ann Fabrics)

Inner material: free- used remnants

Zipper: 97 cents (clearance) 

Results:

Next time I'm just going to do fleece so I don't have to double layer (an absolute pain)

Then..... I realized I only have 1 nice outfit for SIL's wedding this weekend, and I'd have to put a bib over it or he'll ruin it.  So I got the idea to make him some necktie bibs! Classy :)  I made these in just half an hour.  

Bibs: $6 (used the back of them, the front had text)

Fabric: free (remnants, but you can get some quilting fat quarters for a few bucks)

Iron-on adhesive: $3

Proud of myself? Yes. I love having the summer off :) 

Anniversary

Re: Feelin crafty and cheap this week

• Options

imageLibraryChica:
    Very cute! Sadly I can't sew. I may steal your bib idea, though. I can iron!

Yes! That was a complete no-sew.  I saw some bow-tie ones on pinterest too :) Just be sure to cut an extra 1/4 inch around the tie outline and fold/iron the edge in so it doesn't fray when you wash it. The lady at the store gave me that advice when I told her what I was making.  So glad, I wouldn't have thought of it myself!

Anniversary

• Options
    Wow, impressed!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Awesome!!!! Love it!

I was thinking of doing the same for the sleep sacks. The ones I have are such a pain. I don't like the long sleeved ones as it's just too much and the ones I have that are without sleeves are the swaddle valcro ones and just not practical.

I just want this kind, simple with a zipper! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love the bibs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with you sister!  Mine aren't as practical as yours but I am making tutus and hair accessories for my LO.  Etsy for $40 or mine for $3? 
    DSC_2051 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow on the sleep sack...that's something I could not make.  Are you on Pinterest?  I've found lots of things to sew:  drooler bibs, baby hats, taggie blankets.  Here's the link to my board: https://pinterest.com/keishabrooke/baby/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekaybe24:
    Wow on the sleep sack...that's something I could not make.  Are you on Pinterest?  I've found lots of things to sew:  drooler bibs, baby hats, taggie blankets.  Here's the link to my board: https://pinterest.com/keishabrooke/baby/

If DS is napping, I'm on pinterest :)  I actually looked at several tutorials on there and did a combination of them to make the sleep sack. 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"