Special Needs
Options

So apparently MMR vax does cause autism....

https://m.naturalnews.com/news/036255_MMR_autism_court_case.html

The articles in this debate invariably make me feel like a crap parent either way.  Either I do something to cause my kid to be sick, or I don't do something, and cause my kid to be sick.  Hooray for the win/win situation that is!

Re: So apparently MMR vax does cause autism....

• Options
    Not buying it at all....
  • Options

My child had a severe vaccine injury. He was diagnosed with vaccine induced viral demyelination. I get the guilt, in a huge way, I deal with it daily. His injury was caused by my choice to vaccinate him.  We can no longer vaccinate him. 

The answer shouldn't be put on parents. The answer is to take all the sh** out of vaccines and clean them up so there is no question. The manufacturers CAN make a safer product, they CHOOSE not to. People complain about vax rates going down, there is a way to fix that, improve the product. 

That being said, I didn't read the article. I don't trust natural news all that much.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lawyers are not scientists and this shows absolutely no evidence of a link. It is quite likely that these children had ASD regardless and their parents, understandably devasted, are looking for a cause. ASD often doesn't become more obvious to parents and diagnosable until this age which happens to be after the MMR. That is not a cause-and-effect link. Not a single epidemiologic study can find a link. There are vaccine injuries that can occur and which are very sad, but ASD is not one of them. I am an epidemiologist and I vaccinate ds. Ds has some minor neuromuscular issues and is always weaker and less balanced for about a few days to a week after shots; he gets hit hard. But you know what? If a vaccine does that, imagine what the flu or measles or pertussis would do to him? It would be a nightmare and I am sure the PICU would be involved.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    image-auntie-:

The back story on the Polling case is that the child has a mitochondrial disorder that caused her vaccine reaction. The irony? Had she actually contracted the disease the damage would likely have been even more devastating.

When Wakefield initially propsed the MMR-autism link he did so because autistic symptoms are a rare but established complication of measles. He didn't implicate the preservatives. Prenatal exposure to rubella and cytomegalovirus are considered a significant non-genetic causes of autism.

Yes

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options

Also:

OJ is innocent

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    imageridesbuttons:

Also:

OJ is innocent

So is Casey Anthony... 

• Options
    imagecarlinlp:

My child had a severe vaccine injury. He was diagnosed with vaccine induced viral demyelination. I get the guilt, in a huge way, I deal with it daily. His injury was caused by my choice to vaccinate him.  We can no longer vaccinate him. 

The answer shouldn't be put on parents. The answer is to take all the sh** out of vaccines and clean them up so there is no question. The manufacturers CAN make a safer product, they CHOOSE not to. People complain about vax rates going down, there is a way to fix that, improve the product. 

That being said, I didn't read the article. I don't trust natural news all that much.  

I agree with the bolded.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageSoundersChick:
    imagecarlinlp:

I agree with the bolded.

You all realize the "$hit" has been out of the vaccines for quite some time.  I'm not sure where you got your info but it is incorrect. 

• Options
    imagemommyof4boys:
    imageSoundersChick:
    imagecarlinlp:

I agree with the bolded.

You all realize the "$hit" has been out of the vaccines for quite some time.  I'm not sure where you got your info but it is incorrect. 

I believe you are thinking of thimerosal.  It has been taken out of some vaccines.  But it remains in some of the flu vaccinations out on the market.  I guess I will clarify my sh*t comment.  I was referring to:

formaldehyde
    aluminum hydroxide
    aluminum phosphate
    polysorbate 80 (Tween-80)
    ammonium sulfate
    formalin
    sucrose
    sorbitol
    glycerin
    phenols obtained by distillation of coal tar
    beta-propiolactone
    2-phenoxyethanol
    polysorbate 20
    chemically defined yeast
    monosodium L-glutamate (MSG)
    potassium chloride
    potassium phosphate monobasic
    potassium glutamate
    beta-propiolactone
    aspartame
    polydimethylsiloxane

My point is, some parents are uncomfortable with putting some or all of these chemicals in to their children.  I, for one, don't blame them.  Many parent wouldn't feed their children these chemicals, even in tiny doses.  Why bypass their built in immune system (the gut) with injecting them?  There is a better way to produce vaccinations, but it is more expensive.  I personally believe vaccine rates would go back up if they cleaned up their products.  

• Options
    M got cleared by IM to get the MMR and I won't lie..it's scary.
    DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"