Minnesota Babies
Options

Feel like I should be doing something...

I am 11 wks tomorrow and feel like I should have a list of things to do while I'm energetic, mobile and still "small!"  Anyone have a list of to-do's they are following? 

Re: Feel like I should be doing something...

• Options

If this is your first...  Go on dates...  Go to the movies...  Go to quiet restaurants...  That's what to be doing at this point in your PG!  Keep your normal routine. 

A lot happens once you do your anatomy scan at the 20 week mark and if you choose to find out the gender, there is a lot to be done starting then including registering for baby items.  You can start looking and getting ideas now, but really, think about YOUR lifestyle when choosing things.  You don't NEED a lot of things that are listed on registry recommendation lists and there are things like paci's, bottles, diapers, etc. that are best to wait until AFTER baby is here to get. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's completely up to you how much you "do" early on and how long you wait. I was really excited, so I got a lot done early on.  You might want to read some parenting books now (no time once baby arrives!).  My personal favorite is Superbaby by Dr. Jen Berman.

Also, if you will be using daycare, many of the in-home places fill up far in advance. Some of the centers do, too.  It's not too early to research those and find one.

Have you cleared out whatever room will be the nursery? Have you made space in kitchen drawers for bibs and bottles? 

You can start researching the big items you'll need: carseat, crib, baby carriers since those likely won't change before you buy/register for them.  For other registry items, I would wait until closer to your showers...stores change way too much in a short period of time.

Just a few ideas of things that can be done whenever in the pregnancy timeline and might give you peace of mind:) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  Great idea regarding the kitchen...we have only one tiny drawer in the whole thing-containers are our friends...I'm thinking I'll be searching garage sales for a small cabinet or chest of drawers just for baby things! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"