Secondary IF
Options

Eggs too mature?

I went in for my ultrasound to see how many eggs have developed, with plans for IUI #2 on Thursday. I had a 2.2 and a 2.8.  Obviously these eggs are "ready".  But can they be too mature? I have a fear that I will ovulate before Thursday morning.  The nurse said we will just hve to wait and see what my bloodwork from this morning shows, and if I'm going to ovulate before Thursday morning the insemenation may not be worth the money.  I guess my question is, how big can follicles get before they are released and still have a chance of being fertilized?
TTC #2 for 18 months RE for 7 months progesterone=BFN/ clomid=BFN/ IUI#1 with clomid =BFN laparoscopy-Diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. IUI#2 letrozole/follistim combo...baby #2 due 3/23/2013

Re: Eggs too mature?

• Options
    I have the same thought...
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Me too!  But I figure since I was doing a trigger shot then it would "fix" that problem.  The same thing happened to me one month when I was being monitored but no trigger/IUI.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ok, Ladies.  Here is what I have learned since my post this morning:  eggs are considered mature between 18-30.  Some things I've read suggest that eggs can be too big, and will not be released but will turn to a cyst.  But if we go by the 18-30 rule, that seems to me like a pretty wide range for normal/mature.  But one website said that follicles are triggered when they are smaller.

https://www.fertilitytoday.org/frequent_questions.html

https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/iui.html

My RE's office just called.  I thought my LH number would be the main indicator of whether or not I would ovulate too soon.  But she said the progesterone (mine was .4) was an indicator that I should not ovulate too early for insemenation.  She said if progesterone had been like a 2.2 (I have no reference for normal), we would be having a different conversation/plan.  So I guess the higher the progesterone, the more likely ovulation is on the horizon.  So, they have approved me to go on with the plan, trigger tonight, insemenation #2 Thursday.  I need a drink! Hope this helps yall!

TTC #2 for 18 months RE for 7 months progesterone=BFN/ clomid=BFN/ IUI#1 with clomid =BFN laparoscopy-Diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. IUI#2 letrozole/follistim combo...baby #2 due 3/23/2013
  • Options
    I have done a total of 8 IUI's...I never had luck with any follies over 25mm. My best luck has been with follies between 18-23mm. Good luck!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options

My last 3 cycles I have had follies that were 17, 24, 25, 27 and all resulted in BFN's. I've heard that if your follies are over 26 there is chance that they could be too mature. Who knows if that is true though.

After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"