Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Asprin and Folic Acid everyday question

Hi! I havent been over here in a while, I have had 2 m/c's and DH and I are ready to try again, I have to go on a high dose of Folic acid daily and one asprin a day for a month before we TTC, anyone else doing this? are their any side effects? feel any different? I am going to clal my Dr on Monday to get the prescriptions but I thought I would ask here, thanks!!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Asprin and Folic Acid everyday question

• First, I love your siggy picture!  Second, I havent but I have seen people on TTCAL board who are, maybe ask there?
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you - that pic still makes me laugh!! I will Re-post over there, thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was put on this when the doctor discovered I had MTHFR. It had no side effects for me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I take my prenatals religiously, and also drink lots of green tea.  I don't know about the aspirin.. my Dr. said I didn't need to do anything "extra" so I am just doing lots of vitamins and green tea!
  • I was put on folic acid and baby aspirin when my dr. discovered I have hetero MTHFR & Factor V. ?The only side effect is from the baby aspirin....you might bruise more easily. ?That's it. ?There is no harm in taking the extra folic acid.
    7 mm/c
    APS, hetero factor v leiden & MTHFR
    bfp #1 - 12.11.07, edd 8.14.08, mm/c 1.21.08 (10w4d)
    bfp #2 - 4.4.08, edd 12.3.08, mm/c 5.14.08 (11w)
    bfp #3 - 8.3.08, edd 4.15.09, mm/c 9.17.08 (10w)
    bfp #4 - 1.15.09, edd 9.26.09, mm/c 2.16.09 (8w2d)
    bfp #5 - 6.16.09, edd 2.25.10, mm/c 7.23.09 (9w)
    bfp #6 - 8.12.10, edd 4.27.11, mm/c 9.16.10 (8w1d)
    one more try -> bfp #7 - 2.11, our miracle baby boy arrived 10.11
    ttc again -> bfp #8 - 5.3.13, edd 1.13.14, mm/c 5.30.13 (7w3d)
    bfp #9 - 9.23.13, our miracle baby girl arrived 5.29.14

• yep, I did it... 2 months before my BFP. ?I was dx with MTHFR. ?I didn't have any side effects at all. ?I got a prescription of Folgard and did the b.a. and omega 3 fish oil along with my PNV and extra folic on top of the folgard. ?So far so good. ?

Do you have MTHFR? ?

?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am currently taking folic acid and a baby aspirin a day.  I am in a research study of 1400 people who have had at least one miscarriage and want to ttc again.  They are trying to see if taking these meds help to decrease miscarriages and help to get preg quicker.  There is NO RESEARCH currently to support this but they will not harm a pregnancy.  I have to continue to take these meds until I am 34 weeks pregnant and then stop the baby aspirin because it is not safe to take aspirin after being 34 weeks because if you go into labor you can "bleed out" due to the aspirin thinning your blood.  If you want to read more about the research it is called the EAGER Study (google it).  They also gave me a hospital grade fertility monitor, pregnancy tests, ovulation sticks and pay me 10.00 a visit.  It is only going to help our childrens generations and ladies after them.  I am excited to be a part of it.  Page me with any questions.
  • Thanks everyone for the answers, I am going to call my Dr tomorrow, I do have MTHFR and so this is what we are trying,

Heidi - thanks for the info, I will look into it tonight,

Thanks Girls!!

Kathleen

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"