Pregnant after a Loss

Anybody use self tanner? Help a white girl out.

Ladies, I want to start using a self tanner but have no clue what would be best.  What do you use/like? Gimme the good and the bad. Thank you.

Sincerely,

White girl 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anybody use self tanner? Help a white girl out.

• Don't quote me on this, I could be totally wrong, but I think it's advisable to stay away from self tanners during pregnancy...If you want to get some color I think I've heard that Jergins Natural Glow lotion is okay to use during pregnancy.

But again, I could be wrong, don't quote me.

• imageMrsNorry:

Don't quote me on this, I could be totally wrong, but I think it's advisable to stay away from self tanners during pregnancy...If you want to get some color I think I've heard that Jergins Natural Glow lotion is okay to use during pregnancy.

They're all unsafe to use during pregnancy from what I've read and been advised.

Besides, white is healthy. ;-) 

• Loading the player...
  • imagenoah-bear:
    imageMrsNorry:

Don't quote me on this, I could be totally wrong, but I think it's advisable to stay away from self tanners during pregnancy...If you want to get some color I think I've heard that Jergins Natural Glow lotion is okay to use during pregnancy.

They're all unsafe to use during pregnancy from what I've read and been advised.

This, just rock the paleness! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I'm with PP on Jergens.  I've also heard to stay away from self tanners but I'm not sure if that only applies to spray tans or lotions as well.  If it has anything to do with the lotion absorbing into your skin (again, no idea) then you could try "leg makeup".  Sally Hansen has a good airbrush product that washes off immediately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, crap. I had no idea they may not be safe during pregnancy. I will look into that. Thank you for the heads up!

P.S I think I have used that Jergens lotion a while back, like years ago, and I don't remember noticing it making a difference. Will research it again though.  

• I use Sally Hansen airbrush (as mentioned above) all over my body. It washes off the first time you shower, but it really does make you look tan. I do it on big nights out! =) And I have no idea if it is safe for pregnancy or not!
  • quezzoquezzo member
    imagejobiann:
    imagenoah-bear:
    imageMrsNorry:

Agreed. Embrace the paleness. It is only one summer.   

• Auki13Auki13 member
    I actually knew of a girl who used self tanner all the time and was told it would be ok to use it when pregnant.  Well she did and turned a bit more orange than tan.  Sooo even if you are oked for it, I would try it on a small spot before spreading it all over because pregnancy skin is NOT the same at all as regular skin.  Just an FYI, because I was really surprised about this until I saw it myself...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagenoah-bear:
    imageMrsNorry:

Damn it Noah I said don't quote me!!! Lol.

• imagequezzo:
    imagejobiann:
    imagenoah-bear:
    imageMrsNorry:

Agreed. Embrace the paleness. It is only one summer.   

Except that it's something I would like to start  doing on a regular basis. I will start searching around and see what I can find that would be more "gentle" :)

• Self tanners are not shown to be 'dangerous' per se.  Like virutally everything else, they haven't been studied on pregnant women, so no data is out there.  Yes, the spray tan booths are not advised, mostly b/c you are inhaling the fumes which COULD be dangerous...  Still not proven though.  I still use a high end self tanner around 1x a wk.  The brand is St Tropez, and they sell it at Sephora.  It is a bit pricey, but SO worth it!!  I don't see how it could be dangerous now that I am well into my 2nd tri, and my OB is fine with it.  I am sure I have unintentonally done worse things in my pregnancy.  It seems in my mind that it is just as 'dangerous' as using a sunscreen or some makeups.  Just don't overthink it (my motto for pregnancy), and buy a high end product with natural based ingredients... that is my advice.
    Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm using Jergens Natural Glow on my legs.  I use it every day and can see the difference.  I have light skin, but bought the lotion for medium to dark skin.  I confirmed at my last dr's appt that Jergens is ok to use.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I figured if Snooki of all people gave it up...

IMG_2014
  • I use self tanner all of the time in my non-pregnant life but stopped when I got my BFP...

Until I found a natural brand at Whole Foods that actually works! It's by Nature's Gate: 

https://www.soap.com/p/natures-gate-sunless-tanner-254122?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_S&utm_term=ALE-120B&utm_campaign=GoogleAW&CAWELAID=1323093090&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

Me (25) DH (33) BFP #1 on cycle #4: 2/7/12 - M/C 2/26/12 BFP #2 on cycle #1: 4/3/12 - DD born 12/18/12
  • I'm very pale, and use the Jergens Natural Glow lotion.

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"