December 2010 Moms

Back from vacation!

I lurked from my phone a bit but we've been on vacation for the past few days.  I missed you all!  DH had a business trip in Savannah so C and I decided to go with him.  It was C's first long car trip and he did really well despite some heavy traffic.  C and I spent most of our time alone but we just tooled the city, played in the splash fountains, swam, ate junk food, and chased after some pigeons.  (I was a little scared he might actually catch them too!)  He did really well sleeping in the PNP in the hotel (I'm truly shocked!) and was pretty well-behaved while we were out.  We visited the beach on Saturday and it was his first ocean experience.  He loved it!!  It was so awesome to see him experience it for the first time.  We can't wait to go to the ocean with him again.  On the downside, DH accidentally put C's really nice Pediped sandals (the only thing I spend $ on really) on the car roof and we only found one later after a long search.  Also, I found C sleeping (apparently!) very hard on Saturday AM in the PNP.  It was later than he normally slept and his stuffed Grinch was pressed to his face.  I moved the Grinch and he didn't move and I couldn't hear him breathing, so I lightly tapped him, nothing.  I tapped harder, nothing, so I shook him and nothing.  I called him name and still nothing so I screamed for DH and picked him up and nothing!  Finally when I put him to my shoulder, he let out a tiny cry, snuggled, and fell back asleep.  I literally almost fell over myself.  I've never had a scarier mommy-moment.  I'm so relieved it was just a scare.  Overall though, we had a great time!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Back from vacation!

• Glad you had fun!  Your story got my blood pressure waaay up though!  How scary!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh my goodness, that would have scared the crap out of me. I'm glad you had fun though!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear y'all had a nice vacation!

Savannah has been on my list of places I'd like to visit for quite some time now. Sounds like it was fun.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • lrn327lrn327 member

Thanks all!  We did have fun and yes, the sleeping thing scared the pee out of me.

Tobio, you're not too far away right?  It was about 4 hours (5 yesterday though) so us so was doable for a long weekend.  There are a lot of fun things to do for LOs there!

• I'm glad you had a nice trip and am sorry your son scared the crap out of you...I probably would have had a heart attack.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Holy crap, that would have had me in tears!!  I'm glad he was just sleeping really soundly.  Sounds like other than that you had a nice time! :)
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • imagelrn327:

Thanks all!  We did have fun and yes, the sleeping thing scared the pee out of me.

Tobio, you're not too far away right?  It was about 4 hours (5 yesterday though) so us so was doable for a long weekend.  There are a lot of fun things to do for LOs there!

You're right. I think it would be about five or six hours for us as well.

I'm not sure if we'll get to squeeze in any more travel this year, but I would love to go there if I get the chance.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagelrn327:

I lurked from my phone a bit but we've been on vacation for the past few days.  I missed you all!  DH had a business trip in Savannah so C and I decided to go with him.  It was C's first long car trip and he did really well despite some heavy traffic.  C and I spent most of our time alone but we just tooled the city, played in the splash fountains, swam, ate junk food, and chased after some pigeons.  (I was a little scared he might actually catch them too!)  He did really well sleeping in the PNP in the hotel (I'm truly shocked!) and was pretty well-behaved while we were out.  We visited the beach on Saturday and it was his first ocean experience.  He loved it!!  It was so awesome to see him experience it for the first time.  We can't wait to go to the ocean with him again.  On the downside, DH accidentally put C's really nice Pediped sandals (the only thing I spend $ on really) on the car roof and we only found one later after a long search.  Also, I found C sleeping (apparently!) very hard on Saturday AM in the PNP.  It was later than he normally slept and his stuffed Grinch was pressed to his face.  I moved the Grinch and he didn't move and I couldn't hear him breathing, so I lightly tapped him, nothing.  I tapped harder, nothing, so I shook him and nothing.  I called him name and still nothing so I screamed for DH and picked him up and nothing!  Finally when I put him to my shoulder, he let out a tiny cry, snuggled, and fell back asleep.  I literally almost fell over myself.  I've never had a scarier mommy-moment.  I'm so relieved it was just a scare.  Overall though, we had a great time!

Holy crap!  Your story just gave me chills.  Welcome back, though! 

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • lrn327lrn327 member
    Thanks guys!  Right before bed tonight though he saw the Grinch sitting on his dresser and begged for Ninch, Ninch, Ninch so sweetly until I gave in...I have to put on my big girl panties and stop worrying.
  • That was so scary! I'm glad you guys had fun though.  You should have called me though and I could have brought j over to hang out! You were so close! ;) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"