Two Under 2

Baby waking older child

I lurked on here a lot while pregnant with DD2. I read all the time about how the older child never woke up when baby cried and I crossed my fingers hoping that this would be the case for us. Well, DD2 is here now and she wakes up DD1 every single time. Their rooms are right next to each other. We tried for 3 nights and finally gave up... now DH or myself sleep on the couch and LO sleeps in her swing in the living room.

DH will be home on vacation for two weeks and we'd like to get DD2 back in her crib during that time. Any tips from those whose older children DO wake up from the crying?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby waking older child

• amfreiamfrei member
    We have the same problem. We started using DD1s sound machine again and turn it way up. Also, I was thinking that she was sleeping poorly at night because she wasn't getting enough activity during the day. So I try my best to tire DD1 out during the day and DH takes her outside or to the park after dinner. It appears to have helped. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sound machine?

Air conditioner? My kids have been sleeping great since the hot weather hit and the noise of the AC seems to help them sleep.

Unfortunately, if none of that works, it just might take her more than 3 nights to adapt to the sound. She eventually should though.

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • delg23delg23 member
    My tip is a sound machine. My son still wakes up sometimes and I just put him back down. Unfortunately I just think it is one of the dilemmas of having 2u2.
  • No advice here just to say everything wakes my toddler up, the stairs, the baby, or who knows what.  He's up at least twice a week and won't go back to sleep easily so he ends up with me in my bed or screams and wakes my oldest up and then the whole house is awake all night which makes for a bad day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"