Pregnant after 35
Options

the swelling has begun

I actually started with the mild foot swelling once I started this job - feet are not used to wearing shoes all day and I'm even sticking to flats! But since yesterday I'm just feeling icky-bloated-swelling. I didn't even wear my wedding rings today. Fingers feel kind of tingly-funny and I need to stick with sneakers to keep the foot swelling down. It was really hot and sticky earlier this week but yesterday and today we're in normal range (about 80, normal humidity).

So does that mean I'm stuck with this icky swollen/bloat feeling and fatigue for 8 more weeks?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: the swelling has begun

• Options

I'm on my feet for 12 hour shifts and I would have the worst swelling in my feet if it weren't for my compression socks! They make them in varying degrees of compression, so you can start with a lower amount (which are more like trouser socks and less like diabetic stockings-- they even come in some cool colours!).

I know that when I start to get bloated from the pregnancy, I'm going to have to up the compression rating and maybe even wear tights/thigh-highs-- there is NO way I can go 12 hours on my feet whilst pregnant and not end up with varicose veins and hippo feet/ankles otherwise!

GL!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    steverstever member

No

And yeah, I was swollen when I was pregnant with DS from about 7 months until afterI delivered. The good news is that the swelling went all the way down before I left the hospital.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is so much harder in the summer to be late in your pg. I feel the same way. I have accepted that my body is pretty much shutting down. Goodbye 2nd tri energy:-(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh I am hoping the swelling is temporary ... my hands feel so weird!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    After having had 5 of my babies across the summer months my answer is, yes. Sorry - it stinks.
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My feet have been sweling to varying degreess since 28 weeks.  But this weekend I started having the kind where you can press down and leave an immediate imprint on the skin.  It's like GEL. 

As far as the hands go, for around a month now I have had the hand swelling and I have really bad CARPAL TUNNEL in the on hand and can feel it coming in the other.  It's the left hand where I have the tingly fingers.  It stinks as it has only gotten worse as I get closer to having the baby.

Good luck and expect it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

• Options

Oh... the dreadful swelling... my cankles have shown themselves today. I guess spending 6 hours wandering around the county fair yesterday was a horrible idea (and here I thought it was good exercise...) I've been prepping myself for it because.. yep I had horrible swelling last time too. I'm just barely creeping into my third trimester, yay me.

This is a good excuse to lay down (left side) and elevate those feet... and schedule a nice leg massage somewhere... I hope it goes away quickly once you deliver (mine took several weeks)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"