Military Families

On Base Housing at Bragg

So my husband and I decided that when our lease is up in December we'll be moving on base so at least if I'm out of work we'll keep a roof over our heads no matter what, plus more room for us, and no worries about signing a lease vs when his medical discharge goes through. Anyone have any opinions on the enlisted 2 bedroom housing? Which to avoid, which ones are nice? Thanks for the help!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: On Base Housing at Bragg

• I just want to say when looking for housing please pay attention to some of the housing which were linked to babies dying. I think it was 4 babies at same place. i used to live in Raleigh.

https://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/10154556/

•   For a 2 bedroom plan on waiting at least six months.  I would live in Bastogne (sp?) personally.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesummerof69:

I just want to say when looking for housing please pay attention to some of the housing which were linked to babies dying. I think it was 4 babies at same place. i used to live in Raleigh.

https://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/10154556/

And the houses were never linked to babies dying actually.  There is a lot more on this than just this one link.
  • imageSanderso39:
      For a 2 bedroom plan on waiting at least six months.  I would live in Bastogne (sp?) personally.

That's perfect for us considering our lease isn't up until December :) 

• We got on that wait list when we lived in Fayetteville, he ende dup getting orders before we could move on base though.  They are cute!  Hardwood floors, huge basement, only one bathroom but a big front porch.  Also a cute neighborhood.  That is me personally but it's up to you!  www.BraggPicerne.com
  • LyseeHLyseeH member

We lived in Cassablanca befor the construction and then moved to normandy for a bit before going off post....I loved normandy but if you can try for the newer housing in casablanca or bogainsville they are very nice and i think its a shorter waiting list but who knows! We just bought a house out by Hope Mills because I didn't like being so close to my neighbors but it was nice to have a community =) good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the advice ladies but unfortunately we just found out that we CAN'T live on base because my husband's original ETS date was in July. Right now he's waiting to go through the medboard process so we know we'll actually be stuck here for awhile, just not sure how long for and since he can't give them a paper saying he'll be here for at least a year they won't let us get into housing :( Back to apartment shopping it is...
  • well if you are looking for an apartment now we lived in Kings Cross.  It's gated, close to everything, has an indoor and outdoor pool, has a sister property across the street you can use their stuff too.  It was nice.  We had a fireplace.  I wish it was bigger but it's fayetteville and apartments are expensive.  We never had any issues, I felt safe when I was alone at night and I made a lot of friends with neighbors.  Key word: GATED!
  • LyseeHLyseeH member

imagehansonam446:
    Thanks for the advice ladies but unfortunately we just found out that we CAN'T live on base because my husband's original ETS date was in July. Right now he's waiting to go through the medboard process so we know we'll actually be stuck here for awhile, just not sure how long for and since he can't give them a paper saying he'll be here for at least a year they won't let us get into housing :( Back to apartment shopping it is...

How much are you guys looking to spend? I know a number of houses in our neighborhood and in a few friends areas that are going up for rent and we pay less for our morgage then we would to rent an apt. =) 

• We're looking at right around 700, but we might be willing to pay a little more depending on the place. I suggested renting a house to my husband but he kind of balked at the idea of paying more in utilities like we would with a house.
  • LyseeHLyseeH member
    There are a few in my sisters old neighborhood she payed 675 for hers =) check around we found it to be more worth it and it was nice to have more privacy in a house! But i agree the cost might be a bit more then an apt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"