Secondary IF

What is wrong with me? Thoughts??

I introduced myself to this board about 2 months ago, but have not been too active.  I had my first IUI in May after being diagnosed with hostile cervical mucus (I have 2 kids from a previous marriage so this is the first for me and my current dh).  Of course, it didn't work.  We have skipped doing treatments this month because we were out of town the first half of June.  However, I did decide to take clomid while we were away and bought some preseed with some hopes that our chances of conceiving would increase slightly.  I am aware that it probably didn't work, but I figured why not.  I honestly haven't even thought about TTC too much, which is a nice little break.  I think we had sex one time around ovulation (I am proud to say I didn't bother with temping or OPKs), so I am really just anxious to start the next cycle.  

But here's the issue.  So dh and I had sex over the weekend and I started bleeding.  Not completely abnormal for me...I have spotted after sex before, so I didn't think too much about it.  But it was more than usual.  The next morning I was still bleeding a bit (dark brown) so I stuck a light tampon in and bled through it over the course of 4 hours or so...After that it seemed to stop some..but then later that night (last night) I went to the bathroom and noticed bright red blood when I wiped.  It was mixed with some sort of discharge, so the consistency seemed a little odd.  I am still bleeding that bright red discharge today.  It's mostly when I wipe, but I am freaking out!!  Of course I consulted "Dr. Google" and everything says it is a sign of cancer.  OMG!  My most recent pap was in April and everything came back normal.  I called my normal obgyn and left a message with the nurse who is out of the office until tomorrow. 

I am still fairly new to this infertility crap, so I got to wondering if I should actually call my RE's office instead...?  Just wait to talk to my normal obgyn tomorrow??  What should I do?  Can this be some sort of side effect from the clomid even though I am in the last half of my cycle?  My period isn't scheduled to start until the 1st of so and I am completely regular. 

TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13

Re: What is wrong with me? Thoughts??

• i'd call re, just to be sure. they typically have access to u/s machines and immediate b/w so they could maybe move a little faster. keep us posted and good luck!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • You need to be monitored while on clomid.  It is irresponsible of an OB to prescribe it without proper monitoring.  You could develop cysts which can burst.

However, the reality of it is...you are probably fine.  Maybe implantation spotting, maybe just irritation from sex, could be a vaginal infection, etc.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • When I was prescribed the clomid, it was the first cycle doing IUI.  I was monitored.  I guess I didn't realize I should be monitored if I just took clomid.  I didn't even tell my RE's office I was planning on taking it this month since I was taking a month off treatments for vacation.  I know so many people that were prescribed clomid without being monitored..so I just assumed it would be fine.  Shows how much I know!  Won't be doing that again!  (Whether it is the cause or not)
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"