Adoption
Options

Cautiously Optimistic

IRRIRR member
I have mentioned in responses to posts that I think we found a birth mom, but now I am pretty certain this is the one.  We just received from our lawyer today our BM's sonogram pictures that she wanted us to have.  What a sweet gesture.  We have made plans to meet her two weeks from today and I am so looking forward to meeting this person who has been working on an adoption plan for her child and wants DH and me to be the parents.  I keep getting weepy thinking about how her loss will be my gain.  Still cautious because she is not due until December so I know there is still plenty of time for her to change her mind, but based on her circumstances I don't think she will.  Beside meeting her and the BF, I am hoping to meet the BGP's as well, but we'll see.  It will be quite an adventure getting there, as the closest metro airport is about 2.5hours away.  Silliestbunny, I took your advise and looked at VRBO's but nothing in the area.  After some searching I did locate a place about an hour away to rent a condo at a golf resort.  When the time comes I think we will drive the 16 hours and we have been told we will most likely need to spend about 2 weeks there, so locating a furnished condo at a resort, definitely makes me feel less anxious about the first few days.  Just thought I would share the news.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

Re: Cautiously Optimistic

• Options

This sounds very promising...and very exciting!

Best of luck to you in the months to come, and prayers for a smooth journey.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options

Congratulations -- that's wonderful news!  That's great that the expectant mom sent you sonogram pics.  :)  I hope everything goes well with your meeting - I'm sure it will! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How exciting!! Good luck with your first meeting. Let us know how it goes!! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good Luck!  We had a similarly long match and our little guy just arrived this week!  We are so Blessed that his BM chose us and shared each step of her pregnancy with us, we were even invited to attend his birth!  Absolutely Amazing experience!  Just after signing the papers SHE thanked US - are you kidding me!  My point is that you just have to have faith and follow your instincts!  Best Wishes!
  • Options
    That's great news!  Good luck with everything, I hope it all goes smoothly. :)
  • Options
    IRRIRR member

imageartletzler:
    Good Luck!  We had a similarly long match and our little guy just arrived this week!  We are so Blessed that his BM chose us and shared each step of her pregnancy with us, we were even invited to attend his birth!  Absolutely Amazing experience!  Just after signing the papers SHE thanked US - are you kidding me!  My point is that you just have to have faith and follow your instincts!  Best Wishes!

That's awesome!  Hope you are enjoying every minute with him.  Thanks everyone for the well wishes. 

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options

Oh, wow!!! Yay!! Very exciting.

RE: your stay, you may be able to also stay much closer to the border in the direction you are heading if you don't need to meet with anyone again.  Depending on the state, that might take some hours off and put you in a location you prefer.

Yea!! Good Saturday post!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    Sounds very promising. I will be praying for you. I hope the meeting goes well. Keep us posted 
    The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley
  • Options
    Wonderful news! I'll keep you in my prayers for all to go well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"