January 2012 Moms
Options

Rolling?

I feel kind of ridiculous worrying about this, but my daughter hasn't rolled back to belly yet. She's very strong,and will occasionally roll tummy to back, has great head control,etc. But she hasn't really tried rolling yet,just lays on her activity mat. I've seen her come close a few times. Anyone else? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rolling?

• Options

My DD JUST started rolling back to front maybe a week ago, but still cannot do front to back. Makes nighttime fun, when she rolls to her belly and gets stuck. Anyway, from what I've heard in my moms group, it totally varies and not rolling at this age is normal.

And if it happens like it did with my DD, she'll go from nothing to rolling every time you put her down one day out of no where. We were completely shocked, we had never even see her attempt it before she actually did it.

• Options
    DS just started this week.  He went from nothing to back to belly and belly to back in one day!  He's a pro now.  I wasn't going to worry about it until 6 months - they all develop at their own rates.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Some babies just don't like to roll.  My daughter is the same as yours.  She can roll, and loves it when we roll her, but she just doesn't have the interest to do it on her own.  My one niece who is now 10 months also didn't really roll much until recently (like the past month) when she decided she wanted to sleep on her stomach instead.  It's all about baby personality.  If she has rolled (which she has) then she knows how and just doesn't want to, which is fine. 

And my oldest daughter never used rolling to get anywhere either.  She would roll to belly, and then to her back the same way and never used it as a form of movement.  She is a perfectly healthy 2 1/2 year old.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    lp0lp0 member
    My ds rolled from front to back at 2 months old and then had no interest to do it again until a couple weeks ago. Then last week he rolled from back to front and has been doing it like crazy ever since. Don't worry, your lo will do it when she's ready :)
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    DS has no interest in learning to roll either way.  Or sitting.  He wants to stand and run but is clearly nowhere close.
    image image
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    sanbrysanbry member
    Thanks everyone. I feel better. Mine likes to be upright in her jumperoo(she's a mad woman in that thing now!) or sitting, but can't sit unassisted. I'll try not to worry:)
  • Options
    My DS hasn't rolled back to belly yet either. He rolled belly to back really early and can do that easily now but on his back he is happy so he seems to have no reason to roll to his tummy( he hates being on his tummy) I try to entice him with toys but he isn't having it, he will roll to his side but that's it

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

My DD is 5 months old and hasn't rolled over yet either way. I'm not worried.

She can sit up on her own though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"