Infertility

Triggering at 9:30pm - question

Well we received the call.  My estrogen was around 3781 this morning and we are triggering at 9:30pm.  Instead of the full 10,000 units of Novarel, the dr only wants me to do 5,000  any idea why??  Could this be because of their concern of OHSS? 

Re: Triggering at 9:30pm - question

• Yeah they probably figure you are slightly elevated and to prevent OHSS they want to cut down your trigger.

I have the same issue but my estrogen was not that hight (981) with four mature follicles. I am told to take 4/5th of the Ovidrel shot tonight, not the full amount. 

Good luck!!

• That's probably why.  I was around the same, but triggered with the full 10,000.  I'm terrified :(  Good luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.  Man - I cannot wait to not feel like my ovaries are about to fall out of me!  I hope Tuesday morning comes soon.  Good luck to you both!!
  • Yep, they are probably trying to avoid OHSS, which is good.

I am triggering tonight at 10 pm. :)

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • They are trying to avoid the pain of OHSS. The more HCG you have in your system, the worse you would feel with OHSS. That is why it goes away with your period and lasts a little longer if you get pg, (HcG in your system) It sounds like they are paying attention and taking care of you!
  • Good luck to all the trigger girls

• I took half a dose of novarel.  I think it was because I was slightly elevated.  I had me ER today and had 10 eggs from the left side only.  (righty is lazy) Good luck!
  • Yes, it is b/c of OHSS. I was in the same position as you - probably moderate OHSS and I only took a half dose - they got 24 eggs though so the half dose doesn't mean anything bad. Just beware that OHSS symtoms will probably get a little worse after ER. Good luck! And a little OHSS is a good thing - it means you are a great responder.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"