Potty Training
Options

when to transition from potty chair to toilet?

We've only been potty training for 5 days but we're 3 days without any accidents. We've kinda been in potty training lockdown and haven't been out in public since we started. I'm wondering when I should try to get DD to transition from using her potty chair to using a regular toilet. I'd like to get back to our normal routine (which means going out daily) and it seems it would be best if she were comfortable using a regular toilet before we do that, since that's what she'll have to do in public. Just wondering what everyone else has done. DD is the first of our friends to potty train so they're no help with this stuff. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: when to transition from potty chair to toilet?

• Options

We skipped the chair since DD didn't like it, but we've been using a ring on our toilet at home. We went out the other day without a ring and it was a disaster. I now carry the ring with me everywhere (yay :<). I also keep the potty chair in my trunk in case we are at a park without a potty. Hopefully there are other options? Girls are harder I guess.

We just started training (I waited due to moving and new baby), so maybe she can get comfortable with the big potty. She's pretty petite though so I can see her concern!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cherryscherrys member

I made sure we used the big potty as well as DS little potty when we started.  I wanted to avoid any issues with him using a big potty.  We started potty training a few days before his birthday, 4 weeks ago.  He can now pee in a little potty, big potty at home, big potty at sitter's, big potty at IL's, on a tree, off a porch, and on a car tire.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use a potty ring when out and about. The Potette potty seat is great because it folds up smaller. We were carrying around a full-sized potty seat for a while, and that got really old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Carrying around a potty seat is a PIA. Just let LO use the big potty at home sometimes too. I find it works best for DS if I sit him all the way on the back of the potty. He uses his potty chair at home, but when we're out and about, he has no problem using the big potty for both peeing and pooping. He's only 26 lbs and sitting on the big potty is still no problem.
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"