LGBT Parenting
Options

Want to Help A Nice Guy Propose to His BF??

My sister's friend has a cute idea for a marriage proposal. He started a secret group on Facebook (so BF doesn't find out) to try to reach as many zip codes as possible. Here is what he's asking for in his own words:

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years. It?s been a roller coaster of ups, downs, and everything in between. This last year, he left to go study abroad in England, at this awesome school for his master?s. If you ask him why he went, he?ll state that it is for our future, our family, that?s how great he is. I stayed behind and tried to figure out my own life. I have gone through a lot of phases, trying to figure out what I want to do next, and the only thing I am sure of, is him.

Our love is what people sing songs about, or at least, I think so. I look at him, and I just can?t wait to see him go grey, or get wrinkles, get older. I can?t wait to be there every step of the way. The great thing is, I know he feels the same.

So, you are thinking, okay, good for you, what are you saying? I want your help.

He comes back soon, and it?ll be around the time of his birthday. I bought us matching rings, silver bands with brass plates that have the longitude and latitude of Philadelphia, the place where we met. I want to ask him to marry me, formally, when he gets back. Sure, we might not be legally recognized by whatever law, but our love is greater than that, and the symbolism of wanting to grow old together through thick and thin, sickness and health, that is all there. He?s been abroad, and I?ve been here. I want him to know no matter where I am, I will love him.

It would be AWESOME if you all could help me. Send me postcards from various locations, simple pieces of blank paper, or artistic masterpieces saying simply, ?Will you marry me?? I?d love to have a massive amount of letters and postcards from all over when he returns, just asking one simple phrase that will forever change our lives. This way, it seems that no matter where we are, (or you, the sender) the question is the same.

The pieces are all there, and I am asking for the kindness of strangers to help me fulfill this simple proposal plan. I want him to know how much I love him, and hope that this story can inspire you to help me carry it off.

Thanks for your time.

ADDRESS: ****Please PM StrawberryAlarmClock for the address****

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: Want to Help A Nice Guy Propose to His BF??

• Options

I don't know if it matters much, but maybe have people read the story and then have you PM them with the address? Just in case there are crazies... 

And just to add, i do think it is a very sweet story! :) 

ETA again: I apologize, I meant to reply in the other board (i followed the link to this one), i couldn't delete it.. (I didn't know what LGBT meant.. so just in case! And sorry i keep editing!!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJillibean85:

I don't know if it matters much, but maybe have people read the story and then have you PM them with the address? Just in case there are crazies... 

And just to add, i do think it is a very sweet story! :) 

ETA again: I apologize, I meant to reply in the other board (i followed the link to this one), i couldn't delete it.. (I didn't know what LGBT meant.. so just in case! And sorry i keep editing!!)

True. I did ask his permission to post this but he may not have been thinking about how public it is. I'll delete the address and give it out to interested parties. Thanks for thinking of that!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, ma'am! I did note the address, and i have a few post cards at my house, actually! So glad to help! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Dup
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"