January 2011 Moms

I read an article

today that said it costs about 300,000 to raise a child born in 2011 from birth to 18. Not including college.

Yowza!

It is also about 11,000 to raise a dog from birth to age 11. That seems low to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I read an article

• Good thing I just planted a money tree it the yard. I'm still waiting for it to grow though. Hope it comes up soon!
  • imageMarSamWhitney:

today that said it costs about 300,000 to raise a child born in 2011 from birth to 18. Not including college.

Yowza!

It is also about 11,000 to raise a dog from birth to age 11. That seems low to me.

I think 300,000 for a child seems high but 11,000 for a dog seems low to me as well.  It also reminded me of this - https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pf_article_111745.html  All the things children born in 2011 will never know.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MLD- That is too funny!

Deb- I never say that article, that is cool!

• RedZeeRedZee member

I think where I live it costs more than 300,000 to raise a child. I'm pretty sure I've spent close to that in bananas lately ;)

Seriously, day care is about $25,000 a year around here. So if a kid is in daycare from birth til kindergarten it's at least $100,000.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • imageRedZee:

I think where I live it costs more than 300,000 to raise a child. I'm pretty sure I've spent close to that in bananas lately ;)

Seriously, day care is about $25,000 a year around here. So if a kid is in daycare from birth til kindergarten it's at least $100,000.

. My daycare is 5000 a year so only 20000 from birth until kindergarten!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Expensive babies.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RedZeeRedZee member
    imagedebperdoo:
    imageRedZee:

. My daycare is 5000 a year so only 20000 from birth until kindergarten!

Where do you live? That sounds great! In Montreal, daycare is $7 a day. NY is nuts.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"