Parenting after a Loss

Is this normal?

Right after DS was born my hair was as great as it was while I was pg, maybe even better. Recently I've noticed that my hair is falling out like gangbusters. I'm so depressed. DH hasn't noticed but I do. It comes out when I comb it, when I brush it, when I run my fingers through it. I've had shedding before, but this is not shedding, this is rediculous! Is this normal? Please tell me that is is supposed to happen and that I am not an exception. Is there anyway to make this stop, I feel like it's all gonna fall out? Any suggestions to help keep my hair?

Re: Is this normal?

• You normally would shed 100 hairs a day (From What to Expect When You're Expecting) but when you're pregnant, it doesn't happen.  Sooo.... eventually, your body will let all those hairs go.  You're not losing hair that you're supposed to have, so don't worry about that.  It's super annoying and kinda gross, but it's totally normal. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much! Now I can not freak out. Is there anything I can use to make it not fall out/shed as much?
  • I don't think there is any way to stop the shedding.  Friends of mine have had fistfuls of hair fall out.  After a few months, I've heard the hair loss slows down or stops altogether.
  • It's totally normal and there is nothing you can do about it.  Basically, the same hormones that cause you to have thick hair while pregnant (because it's not shedding at the rate that it normally does) cause you to lose a lot after birth.  The hormone level is dropping and causing the fallout. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"