C-sections

DD is 5 months, preggo again

Hi everyone! I just had DD 5 months again, via Csection. Just found out I'm pregnant again, anyone else have a Csection so close together? I'm worried it might be dangerous to the baby
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DD is 5 months, preggo again

• lots of women who have posted on here have had c-sections that close together.  Your OB will address this at your first appointment, but you will be fine.  Congrats.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A friend of mine got pregnant with her daughter when her son was 5 months old, he was a c/s as well.  It was all fine for her.  And my OB, at my 6w checkup after my c/s with DS said it was OK to get pg again after 6 months, so you're pretty close to that mark.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I was born a cs because I was breech. My brother was born 12 months and 2 weeks later, VBAC. My mom planned us this close together. She worked in the maternity ward in the hospital and her doctor was aware and okay with the plan before I was born. This was in the 80s of course. She did very well, healed very well and went back to work at 8 weeks pp with both of us.
  • We dealt with infertility for 5 years and got our 2nd DD through IVF/ICSI. When she was 4 months old we got a huge surprise - pregnant! My OB wasn't concerned at all. Of course, we didn't go over if I was to get pregnant before because medically speaking they didn't think we could but she still said there was nothing to worry about.

She did say she only felt comfortable doing a RCS due to them being so close but the docs where I live aren't fond of VBACs anyways so I pretty much would have had no choice even if we would have waited to use our frozen embryo like we had planned.

There are alot of people who get pregnant not long after a CS. I'm sure you will do fine! You will just have to discuss with your doc the best option you personally have for this delivery.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"