Military Families

Military wives vent...

I was at the CDC community playgroup and a wife was talking to me, and said "I hate coming to these usually because I hate air force wives"... Excuse me?

Maybe you could have said I've met some snooty ones, or I am bitter because I live on an air force base, but what?! This is a shared base, it might have air force in the name but I see all branches walking around. 

I needed to vent, and seriously, why is there so much competition? My husband tucks his pants in his boots one foot at a time, just like yours...

Hmmmph  

Air Force Wife and proud SAHM to baby E, TTC #2 while BFing Uploaded with Snapbucket

Re: Military wives vent...

• Yeah, she stuck her foot in her mouth.
  • imageRdautenhahn:

I was at the CDC community playgroup and a wife was talking to me, and said "I hate coming to these usually because I hate air force wives"... Excuse me?

Maybe you could have said I've met some snooty ones, or I am bitter because I live on an air force base, but what?! This is a shared base, it might have air force in the name but I see all branches walking around. 

I needed to vent, and seriously, why is there so much competition? My husband tucks his pants in his boots one foot at a time, just like yours...

Hmmmph  

What did you say in response? 

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I just kinda kept playing with my son. I was there with some other wives in my husbands squadron and another wife who is ballsier than I am was like, "well to each their own, I have met some nice people coming to these" then the lady went on to discuss how she doesn't go to the enlisted spouses clubs or anything like that on base for the same reasons. 

Pew were really feeling the love... ;) 

Air Force Wife and proud SAHM to baby E, TTC #2 while BFing Uploaded with Snapbucket
  • LyseeHLyseeH member

that was rude of her!!!! I dont care what branch of the military you are in wifes need to support one another!!! we had that problem when we first moved out to Bragg. It was just dramatic and people were full of assumptions and my husband was a sgt but i had wives lower and higher ranking saying rediculous things to us!!!!!

I tell anyone whos got something to say; guess what we ALL have family members who have to leave us and do things for OUR country no matter what their job in the military is! They all signed up to do something different and HELP one another and the country in a different way. I dont mean to sound terrible but i would tell that chick that she should remember a lot of the army and marines wouldnt get to far without airforce guys around and to stop being a judgemental brat there is nothing that makes one branch or family or rank better then another! My husband is always advocating for the other branches no matter his own feelings about individuals!!!! OOOOOHH girl that really ticks me off!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my own little rant but its really something that pushes me buttons almost as much as the non-military familys complaining and then saying that we are the lucky ones because things are always given to us or we are all set because of the govt! Boy are they assbackwards as well and a little ignorant!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's irritating when people make generalizations like that.  I'm assuming maybe this woman had a bad experience with an Air Force wife, therefore she assumes all Air Force wives are difficult?  We all certainly have our days, no matter what branch of service DH or we are in.  It's sure nice to support each other rather than have a negative attitude!

• I'm an army wife and I don't claim to know how other military wives are but I will say that I don't get along with a lot of army wives because many of them seem to be obsessed with their husband's rank, or they cheat on their spouse like it's their job. Now, that's not to say every army wife is like that, I have a few army wife friends who are nothing like this but the stories I've heard make me avoid most of those I don't know.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am an af wife and I have struggled building relationships since my dh and I got married because there have been so many cliques everywhere I go. Some women are really nice and some are total biatches, I honestly dont think it  has anything to do with army or af or marine ... or enlisted or officer wife. Its just women in general. You get a group together and some wont have anything to do with you and some will be really nice. For some reason it just seems harder to find the nice ones.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"