March 2012 Moms
Options

If you have long hair .. be careful

be really careful with your LO pulling it.. my little man discovered how much fun it is to yank mommy's hair this past week. This morning we both learnt the hard way that it may be fun to yank it, but it's not so much fun when it's wrapped around little fingers so tight you can see them swelling

...  he was screaming..and I mean Screaming the apt down at 6 am and I thought he had gas or upset tummy..  after cuddlies and back rubs and all the usual...pacing up and down the apt. ...turns out he had wrapped my hair round two of his fingers so tight it was almost impossible to get it off.

I got some off but had to wait for daddy to walk in from work and help me get the last of it off  as he was too agitated to  be laid down and  I can't see a damned thing first thing in the morning till my eyes focus in. 

Soon as it was off, he was back to sleep like nothing happened.  Mommy however was still trying to calm down after an hour of blood curdling screaming that I am surprised the neighbors didnt call the cops on LOL

So if you have longish hair and your LO appears to be screaming for no good reason.. check fingers and toes.  I know it's been said before on here as a warning, and I am always checking .. but it can still happen.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you have long hair .. be careful

• Options
    That sucks Wipz! I'm worried about this constantly as my hair is falling out like it's being paid to. I find it in his hands all the time and try to check that it isn't wrapped. Sneaky hair!

image image
  • Options

imagemrscurlygurl:
    That sucks Wipz! I'm worried about this constantly as my hair is falling out like it's being paid to. I find it in his hands all the time and try to check that it isn't wrapped. Sneaky hair!

Ugh, me too! I'm seriously thinking about chopping it all off. It just gets in the way right now! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrscurlygurl:

Same here!  Glad everything is okay!M 

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    Mine isn't falling out, the little monkey thinks its fun to grab handfulls of it and yank it ... love him but surprised I don't have a bald spot by now

... He is fine, I think it was just the shock of feeling pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I read that that is often one of the first things a pedi will look for if you bring in a crying baby and have no idea why they won't stop crying.   Glad he is OK!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    photo calforsiggy_zps05750af4.png
  • Options

Oh no! Bizarrely, I guess it isn't all that strange of an occurance? I've heard about "hair tourniquets" a few times before.... random. 

My hair is SO long right now... the longest perhaps ever! My last hair appointment was on the day I went into labour, so I didn't make it haha. And now it's in deeeserate need of help! I just have to find time. Which I dont have. Boo.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I worry about this all the time! I shed like a freaking dog now so he always ends up with my hair in his hands.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been living in a ponytail   .....
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"