Food Allergy

How to figure out the allergen

My son has broken out in hives twice all over his body, and I cannot figure out the culprit.  He touched grass, he,s tried milk, but he's done both of those things in the past and never had an issue.  Could it be detergent? At what ge can they do allergy tests
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How to figure out the allergen

• Ask your pedi to do the RAST blood test if you aren't able to pin point what caused it. We did the blood work at 8 mos and again last week. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aw, poor guy! We finally did the regular allergy tests (the pricks) when DS was about 13 months. The egg allergy was frustrating/confusing for a while before that b/c sometimes he would have a little egg and be totally fine, and other times he would break out in a red rash w/ puffy eyes right away. No familiar w/ the blood test PP mentioned, but I'm sure it's worth talking through all your options. Best wishes in figuring it all out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • If you don't want to go through medical tests, you can also keep an "allergy journal".  Although it is very time consuming, it can help narrow things down.  Include what he ate, touched, changes in detergents or cleaners, etc.  Then, when he breaks out you can compare the days and see if there is one (or more) items that are common.  If he goes to daycare, ask them if they changed anything either.  (Our son broke out in hives from a change in the floor cleaner at daycare - they were nice enough to change back for us!).
    Proud mommy of two beautiful toddlers adopted through the foster care system. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"