January 2011 Moms

Practice for the race...

I ran a practice race today and it took me only 9min and 20sec to run 1 mile. I am super happy with this and I had to walk two blocks. I'm pumped!

What's new with you?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Practice for the race...

• Oh and tonight to celebrate I ate an entire jar of pickles... Yes I'm the pickle pregnant lady this time. How cliche....
  • Was your practice round pushing the stroller? That's amazing!!

Nothing new here - I think we'll use the pool for the first time today. Left the heater on for over 24 hours so I hope it's nice and warm. Even though it's almost 100 degrees outside I still like a warm pool. DH hates it...I hope he doesn't know I left the heater on ;) I'm going to try to turn it off before he gets home from work...unless it's still cold! 

• Loading the player...
  • Good Job! I only run to get out of the rain. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsLynnD good luck with the pool tonight. We went to the public and Iz is really starting to like it. And yes it was with the stroller and the dog was holding me up.

MarSam I think that a lot of people feel that way about running. I have a really hard time motivating myself to work out to videos in my house and the gym is really hard to work into the schedule so I enjoy my time out in my shoes sporadically. ( I'm not a regular everyday or every other day runner. Just when the urge seems to hit me.)

• Thats awesome!! Its so good for your too, I would love to try it- I just have no motivation! lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't feel bad marsam, I am pretty sure I took all of 48 mins for my 5K lol. Sorry not even joking.
  • Halfmoon there is no shame in taking your full amount of time.

Also marsam, I don't do anything else for exercise really. I am to uncoordinated for anything that involves more than putting one foot in front of the other. I only got into running when I was a kid because my parents told me and my siblings we need to be in some sport in junior high because they were unable to pick us up at 3 and the school didn't have a bus service.

For a long time I was walking the one mile race in junior high. We had a great coach though and I think that's why it has stuck with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"