C-sections

If you had a scheduled c-section come earlier than expected...please come in

I had a scheduled c-section for the 27th of this month but the little one had different plans and came on the 15th! For those of you who have had similar experiences, did you find it hard to follow your doctors post partum orders for rest, lifting. Etc.? So many things were left undone that it's driving me a little crazy to rest and not do those things I wanted done before the baby! My DH is home with me but of course what he feels is necessary to do us completely different. How do you refrain from overdoing it?!
Late twin loss at 19 weeks on September 24, 2010. Lincoln Perry, my rainbow baby, born June 15, 2012. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13 Baby Birthday  Ticker Ticker

Re: If you had a scheduled c-section come earlier than expected...please come in

• Because it hurts like a b!tch when you overdo.  Trust me.

My scheduled c/s was on a monday and my baby came the Friday before.  I was pretty prepared at home so there wasn't much to drive me crazy.

However, I thought at 1 week pp I was feeling great so I took my 3 kids to the zoo with my mom and 4 nieces and nephews.  Holy cow, I wasn't ready.  I was in a lot of pain that night and the next 2 days.

The house can wait.  All you need is some food, clean clothes, blankets and diapers.  Your husband can/should take care of that.

Take it easy and follow doctor's orders.  You don't want the consequences of overdoing it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Take care of your body first.  If you rest well now, you'll recover quickly, and you can get back to whatever you want to do.  Also, it's a learning process.  When you have a baby, not many things will go according to your plan:D  
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have a problem with the lifting so much.  DH is home and has been a huge help but there is still so much to do and I know I've overdone it nearly everyday.  We asked to leave the hospital 1 day early and ended up having visitors that night and also a contractor showed up to fix our AC a few hrs after we got home.  DH has been a rockstar helping me and unpacking/ getting me a shower/ doing laundry/etc.  my dad (who I'm not close to) thought he needed to stop by 1 he after we got home even though I told him no.  DH has just gotten me out of the shower and I was nursing and then needed help getting dresses.  It was jut super stressful and obviously now I'm just venting!! :) 

With being a FTM, having a lot of people stop by the house this week (including some contractors and an appraiser for our refi) I've done far more than I should and my incision is rather sore and so are my legs.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • that happened to me i was schedualed for the 29th and she came early which i wasnt expecting! i just let things not get done..my parents helped with our son which left me time to just not do anything for a change lol. things can wait..the are not important enought to mess anything up!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"