Secondary IF

I did my first injection!

It went well! I watched the video on how to administer/prepare the Follistim pen about a million times, so I felt ready. I didn't want my husband in on it because I was afraid it would increase his, um, performance anxiety on IUI day. I had asked my mother to be there for me but she jumped at the first chance I gave her to get out of it. So I did it alone, but then again I always say infertility is a very lonely place to be.  Hardest part's over! Only 2 more days of shots.  On a lighter note we had an amazing time at Disney World!
TTC #2 for 18 months RE for 7 months progesterone=BFN/ clomid=BFN/ IUI#1 with clomid =BFN laparoscopy-Diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. IUI#2 letrozole/follistim combo...baby #2 due 3/23/2013

Re: I did my first injection!

• I am so glad you posted this because I think we may be moving on to injects and I don't think DH can do them so I think I am alone in this.  Unless I make my friend that is a nurse do them!  I am scared I won't be able to do it.  Good luck!

Curious, how many days do you/have you done follistim?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • It is totally doable to do it on your own.  I have done 3 IUI cycles and 1 IVF cycle and did all the injections myself.  I have watched all the videos on the Freedom Fertility Pharmacy website.  Some of the meds burn a bit going in but it is not too bad.

Best wishes! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Im doing 5 days letrozole and 3 days of 75 IU Follistim.  Ive recently learned that the purpose of this protocol is: Letrozole makes follicles develop, Follistim gives the developed follicles a chance to better mature (than Letrozole alone.). I was so nervous when I finally got that needle to my skin, but I knew it had to be done so I just stuck it and it wasnt near as bad as I thought it would be. I have to mix the HCG myself, though. I will learn how to do that. But I'm taking it one day at a time for now.   

UCtracy: is the HCG very complicated? Harder than Follistim Pen (if youve used the pen)? 

TTC #2 for 18 months RE for 7 months progesterone=BFN/ clomid=BFN/ IUI#1 with clomid =BFN laparoscopy-Diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. IUI#2 letrozole/follistim combo...baby #2 due 3/23/2013
  • The hcg shot is a bit trickier only because it is intramuscular.  My doctor's nurse got me a shorter needle that is the same gauge as the one you put in your rear end.  I was able to do the injection in my thigh.  It must of worked...they got 18 eggs.
  • I'm glad it went well!  It's not nearly as bad as we all fear before we take that leap!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"