3rd Trimester
Options

how often do you get it on?

pregnancy really doesnt effect my libido but my husband is a bit leery about what is "safe for baby",,, understandable IMO since positioning is weird etc,,, regardless, i feel like once a week is not the best love life we have had & totally look forward to 6 weeks post as long as i feel like myself again! 

how often do you ladies engage?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how often do you get it on?

• Options
    my libido has not been effected either. We trying and do it 2-3 times a week. My DH is quite content at our pace as long as the lo hasnt dropped.

• Options
    Before DH went out of town we were averaging once a week the whole pregnancy as well. Positioning is hard and I get tired quicker. If he'd been in town the last four weeks, I've wanted it everyday. Buuut sadly work has him away :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do it 2-4 times a week. Sometimes we go longer. I am totally not feeling it the majority of the time. If husband could have it his way we would do it everyday. Twice a day even. 
  • Options

Pregnancy KILLED my libido! Add to it that for about 5 months my BIL was living with us (SO glad that's over) and it just DIDN'T happen. Sadly, I start to get the drive back a little bit. We get 2 sessions in and then I'm diagnosed with irritable uterus and on pelvic and bed rest. :/

• Options
    In the beginning of 3rd tri, it picked up from once a week to every other day or so.  By 38 weeks, it decreased to once a week because it was uncomfortable.  Now it's majorly uncomfortable and solely done for induction purposes sad to say.
  • Options
    I have gone totally crazy a few days in 3rd Tri. DH loves it, he doesn't worry about the baby at all LOL.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we are at the point where we are doing it daily- sometimes even twice a day, but I am there mainly to get this labor party started lol.
  • Options
    trojastrojas member

Once a week is FANTASTIC! 

The last time I got it on was April 8th and the only reason I remember is because it was my birthday. I have no libido...AT ALL! 

• Options
    I've had a surge of wanting it more lately, but sex is just so uncomfortable for me, so we do other things...probably once a week-ish.
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options

imagejfresh:
    If it was up to me it would be almost never, but I've been taking one for the team probably twice a week. 

Same here. 

• Options

Clearly a FTM.... 1x a week is a GREAT sex life when you have a LO to suck every ounce of energy out of you. haha

With DS#1 my DH was weary about it towards the end as well... this time around he's all about it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just got into my third tri, so I'm not as uncomfortable as I'm sure I will be later, but I really am not feeling the "desire". That being said, DH is, and from what I understand, studies have shown women who remain sexually active are more likely to deliver close to their EDD, so we're about once a week or so.
  • Options

Ive been taking one for the team once a week.

Sex is really uncomfortable and it takes a loooong time to get me in the mood. My vagina is dead.

• Options
    We're down to about 1 or 2 times a week, which is very abnormal for us. Between being hot, tired, and having general aches and pain... I ain't up for it. Plus, despite the amount of discharge I've had, I feel dry down there. I mostly want sex first thing in the morning but there's really no time... and I'm too tired by the end of the day.

Anniversary
  • Options

Okay, you all are making me feel like my sex life is very inadequate. We're having sex about once a week now, but that's also how often it was BEFORE I got pregnant, so I thought we were doing pretty good! lol.

I think the biggest hindrance for us (now and pre-pregnancy) is that DH gets up early and works pretty late most days, so weeknight sex is rare. By the time he gets home, he's tired and I'm not in the mood anymore anyway. I hate to think what it's going to be like when there's a baby taking up all our time and energy!

• Options
    because i had to be hospitalized for PROM (which thankfully sealed back up and all is well) my answer is "never".....we are not allowed to until baby is out safely. (doctor's orders.....it's been FOREVER...well 2 months......gah) we're making due with other ways to engage, but it is not the same and i feel really bad for the poor guy
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had hyperemesis in the first tri (from 7-23 weeks, no fun), now I feel like we're "making up" for the time when it would have been "easier." We engage at least once a day, sometimes more if I can con him into it.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"