C-sections

I can't lay on my side!

So after 9 months of sleeping on my side, I thought I would never be ready to again, but I was wrong. 

At 1 week post c/s delivery I find myself in a lot of pain around my incision if I'm trying to lie down on my side.  I never felt this after my first- I was able to nurse her side lying even in the hospital.  Does anyone else have this difficulty?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I can't lay on my side!

• With my first c/s it took me almost a month of sleeping on my back before I was able to sleep on my side again (maybe longer) this time around I was able to switch to my side after about a week and a half maybe two weeks.
  • I'm 2 weeks pp & when I first got home I had trouble laying on my left side. But then that side hurt from the muscle, not the incision. Heck I couldn't lay on my back either since I was so engorged! I was nearly screwed when it came to sleeping! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • It was uncomfortable for me as well. I put a pillow under my side and that helped alot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It was very uncomfortable to sleep on my side for several weeks- it felt like my tummy was sliding down adn pulling on or putting pressure on my incision. My MW thought it would be easiest to bf laying down, b/c DD wouldn't be resting on my belly, but I did not have the abdominal strength to keep from rolling over and my belly sagged which was uncomfortable. It was probably 4-6 weeks before I could lay on my side somewhat comfortably.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It was probably two weeks before I laid on my side.

I still sleep with a pillow between my knees. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes!  Just in the last day or two, I've been able to sleep on my side with a soft, down pillow supporting my tummy.  My c/s was 10 days ago. 
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • I'm 2 weeks PP and I'm just starting to be able to lay on my side for short periods of time.  I can't wait until I can sleep like that - I feel like my short spurts of sleep between feedings would be SO much better if I could just get comfortable.
  • ZimgerZimger member
    It took me quite a while (almost a month I think) before I was able to lay on my side. When I tried at first I had too much pressure and it caused a throbbing pain.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the posts, everyone.  It's at least reassuring to know it's not just me :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was super uncomfortable sleeping on my side for a while, but mainly b/c of my muscles being so flimsy. I had a sleeping wedge by Boppy that I slept with in the end of my pregnancy that I used to hold everything up better. Plus I remember having back pain when I slept on my side, I think also from my obliques being weaker.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"