Military Families
Options

Pope/Bragg?

Hey ladies,

My husband and I are PCSing to the area early next week.  I just found out last weekend that we're expecting and had it confirmed with my OB on Tuesday.  I'm wondering when the base typically schedules the first appointment?  8-10 weeks I'm assuming? 

Have you had any good or bad experiences with particular doctors? 

Thanks!

Re: Pope/Bragg?

• Options
    When I took a pregnancy test, I went to my clinic to confirm, and once it was confirmed they referred me to the OB on base. I think I was like 6 weeks along. I had my first appointment soon after and it was just the family history stuff. What I do like is that the nurse told me I would have the same dr and OB through out the whole process. My next appointment is the 28th. The only thing I don't like is you have to schedule your ultrasounds and OB appointments separately but everyone has been very nice to me so far.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks so much!  My husband is AF, so will be stationed at the Pope Field end, do you know if the hospital/OB's are the same for both?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LyseeHLyseeH member
    its womack for the main hospital. BUT there are a ton of clinics and offpost clinic too if you want you can do ob off post as well. I'm high risk so i go to womack and they do all my stuff there at the ob clinic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejennilaree:

Thanks so much!  My husband is AF, so will be stationed at the Pope Field end, do you know if the hospital/OB's are the same for both?

As far as I know Womack is the hospital for everyone. Pope is kind of small, I don't think it has it's own clinic/hospitals but I've only been there a few times. My clinic is off base and what I've come to understand is that once you're pregnant you go to an OB at Womack for all your care. My one friend was referred to the hospital off base because supposedly Womack was too crowded? My Dr never gave me a choice, just the OB intake number. (Which is fine with me because I've heard scary things about the off base hospital) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LyseeHLyseeH member
    You can request to go off post! Some see their normal doc unless they send you to ob at womack. My friend was seen at robenson her whole pregnancy and this time around she off post because shes having twins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagehansonam446:
    imagejennilaree:

As far as I know Womack is the hospital for everyone. Pope is kind of small, I don't think it has it's own clinic/hospitals but I've only been there a few times. My clinic is off base and what I've come to understand is that once you're pregnant you go to an OB at Womack for all your care. My one friend was referred to the hospital off base because supposedly Womack was too crowded? My Dr never gave me a choice, just the OB intake number. (Which is fine with me because I've heard scary things about the off base hospital) 

This happened to me. Originally, I was going to a clinic on base. I found out I was pg, and did my first 24 weeks of care at Womack. Some things happened, they said they no longer had room for me, and I was transferred out. I went to an off-base clinic and then delivered at Cape Fear Hospital. I much preferred the care I got off-base, but I have several friends that enjoyed the on-base care.

As far as I remember, my first appointment at Womack was at 8 weeks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"