Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

4 days late and bfn

ugggg  i hate being late and having a negative.  dh and i had sex three times during our supposed peak week-i have done some basic charting-just start days of period for the past 8 months or so.  pretty regular cycle of 34/35 days the past 4-5 months.  period was suppose to be here thursday but wasn't, now it's sunday and hasn't shown up.   what to do??  ideas, thoughts, support?   haven't posted on here forever-since last spring.  thanks for the assistance!

Re: 4 days late and bfn

• Options

You may have o'd later than you thought.  If you aren't temping its hard to know for sure what your cycles are really like and whether or not you o'd at all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Does your chart indicate when you ovulated?  You should get a temp spike on ovulation day!

Try using fertilityfriend.com

Very helpful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would wait another couple days & if no AF then test again. You could have just O'd later then usual. GL!
    Mommy to Catherine 5/19/2005 & Ryan 8/22/2009 My Blog
  • Options
    yeah, without temping its hard to know when you O'd. With that said, some women dont get BFP till around 20 DPO
  • Options

I've got a couple of questions for you -  what do you mean by basic charting? Do you record anything else besides the start date of your period?

Also, do you know what do you actually O'd? Without knowing that it's hard to tell if you are actually late. 

There isn't much you can do right now - just sit a wait. Hopefully something will happen soon. 

• Options
    You said your cycle has been 34-35 days for the past 4 months or so... what was it like before that? Were you on BCP or did your cycles vary? Which day were you estimating that you ovulated? - Because with a cycle that length you're more likely to have ovulated around day 20, so if you aimed for day 14, you were probably too early.
  • Options

I would say that basic charting is doing temps, but not cervix position or fluid. Simply keeping track of days is just that- marking one day a month on the calendar. It is a smart thing to do, but it isn't charting. Unless you've tracked your temp and/or other fertile signs you don't know if or when you ovulated this month so you don't know if you timed things well or if you are late in terms of being post-ovulation. While you might be late on the calendar, that alone doesn't mean anything. Give it a few days and you'll know either way. Hang in there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"