Cincinnati Babies
Options

Adopt a family

My DH and I want to adopt a family or something similar this year instead of giving gifts to each other. We did something like this last year with my group of friends through St Vincent de Paul I think. Does anyone have any more information on other causes this year that are in need of financial assistance? Or is Salvation Army/St. Vincent de Paul the best way to go?

Re: Adopt a family

• Options

My job usually works with a local orphanage. We have ornaments on our tree with a kids name on it and a gift that they would like. You could look in to something like that.

• Options
    We adopted a family 2 years ago through CAIN (Churches Active in Northside).
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A lot of the malls have something similar to the ornament thing where ornaments are hanging with wish lists. ?
  • Options
    We adopted a family last year through the Salvation Army and are doing the same this year.  The deadline to apply has already passed, but I am sure they won't turn you down as long as you can shop quickly - the deadline to have gifts turned in is sometime next week, I believe.  There was just an article a week or so ago saying how desperate they were for adoptive families this year.
    ~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know that the Ho Ho Shop in Wilmington is really struggling for help this year since DHL is pulling out of town and 7,000 people are losing their jobs.  I'm not sure of the phone number but I'm sure you can Google it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"