January 2011 Moms
Options

Halfmoom

Do you ever go across the street from your job and try any of those new places they just opened? I always think about trying the dessert place or the yogurt place but am not sure if they are worth it.

Edit to add - Hahaha how funny is my typo in this subject line?? I'm leaving it! 

Re: Halfmoom

• Options

You two need to plan a GTG.

And post pics!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSweetHurricane:

You two need to plan a GTG.

And post pics!

True - does LO go to daycare by your job??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey how did you know where I work? Well to clear things up, the plaza you're referring to is on RT 3 W between the Passaic and Bloomfield exit, right? I don't really get out much because I only drive in on Fridays, and also, I avoid eating out lol, plus we always have catered events on campus where the food is free and we have 4 cafeterias across the site. I have been to CUPS, Joe's Crab Shack, iHOP, TGiF, Zinburger, Smashburger and the bakery. CUPS was good, it was real frozen yogurt, yum, so was Zinburger (definitely try). The bakery is the best BUT they custom made my daughter's birthday cake, it was a 3 tiered cake and well ummm the middle tier started to sink by 5pm... so I was mad about that lol. But I would go there again bc their stuff is really good.

DD does not go to daycare here, although I'd love for her to go here. They have a great Montessori daycare that is only limited to kids of the research site, and it's only $1300 here (the cost is subsidized by the company and we only pay that amount). BUT when we thought about it, the principal (?) is crazy about illnesses and a runny nose gets a call to go home so I did not want to worry about that, plus I commute by train/ shuttle so I didn't want to haul her around at 6am in the morning. We figured my sister/ BIL is right nearby and can get her in the event that anything goes wrong. She loves her current daycare so I am not upset about our decision to not send her here.

And I am free on Fridays after 12 :)

• Options
    Are you taking JT to the state fair?
  • Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    I'm not too far from there - and I'm interviewing for a job in Mahwah on Tuesday. Can I come to a GTG?

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options

imageRedZee:
    I'm not too far from there - and I'm interviewing for a job in Mahwah on Tuesday. Can I come to a GTG?

Are you from Westchester? Because I grew up there and love it so dearly. Or maybe you're from Rockland Co. I always thought you're from somewhere closer to Canada haha.

And yes, of course we can GTG on Tuesday if MLD is free. I am going to reserve that day.

• Options
    Ahh did you mean Jun 19 because I am out of town for a conference that day :( But if you don't live that far away, we could meet up another day!
  • Options
    I just realized Mahwah is like 45 mins away from where I work lol Maybe it's closer to MLD?
  • Options

Sorry I'm late to the conversation. Halfmoon you mentioned once where you worked a while back and since I had an ex bf that worked for them (sales rep) and since I pass there several times per month it's just something I remembered.

Yes, DH and I were just talking about the state fair since the commercial came on again. We will be going, we haven't picked a date yet.

Redzee - would the Meadowland's State Fair be too far for you to meet for a GTG?It's in Secaucus.

And Halfmoon - how difficult is it for you to meet up with me if your LO is in NYC for daycare? 

ETA: I should mention, I'm in Wayne, NJ so if either of you want to google how far that is, you can ;) 

• Options

Sorry I'm late to the conversation. Halfmoon you mentioned once where you worked a while back and since I had an ex bf that worked for them (sales rep) and since I pass there several times per month it's just something I remembered. Ahh we in research read sales as $$$$$$$$ haha but they are the first to get chopped when downsizing.

Yes, DH and I were just talking about the state fair since the commercial cameon again. We will be going, we haven't picked a date yet.  I was asking because my workplace rents out the fair for one day every year and it's all paid for. However, this year it's during the first week of July when we will be on vacation so I was going to offer my tix, but I just found out that they don't give them before hand anymore, you just show up and use your ID to get it. It's pretty awesome bc they give you $150 fair money and unlimited ride passes.

Redzee - would the Meadowland's State Fair be too far for you to meet for a GTG?It's in Secaucus. Would have been awesome to go on the free day if I was around, then my DH wouldn't have to take the day off and kids would be entertained.

And Halfmoon - how difficult is it for you to meet up with me if your LO is in NYC for daycare? Very, I wouldn't bring her if it were just lunch or something (I wouldn't mind playing with JT though). If it were like the fair or some sort of kid entertainment event, I'd bring her. On the weekend, it would be very hard and DH would want to come. So I'd rather hang out while I am on the clock :)

ETA: I should mention, I'm in Wayne, NJ so if either of you want to google how far that is, you can ;) 15 miles from RedZee's interview :)

• Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    imageHALFM00N:

imageRedZee:

Are you from Westchester? Because I grew up there and love it so dearly. Or maybe you're from Rockland Co. I always thought you're from somewhere closer to Canada haha. Yup, I'm in Westchester. You probably thought Canada because I was living in Montreal until 3 years ago and was going back and forth until a few weeks before DD was born. Where did you grow up? How old are you again? Maybe we know people in common. (Maybe we should PM about this.)

And yes, of course we can GTG on Tuesday if MLD is free. I am going to reserve that day.

Ok, it all seems a bit far but maybe we can work something out anyway. Maybe we can do a weekend and include the men?

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"