Pregnant after IF
Options

Have you gotten pregnant with 1 mature follicle?

Is there a good chance that pregnancy can occcur after only one mature follicle and having an iui? the re seems to think it is fine to go ahead with...Anyone have luck with this? TIA

Re: Have you gotten pregnant with 1 mature follicle?

• Options
    I haven't had experience with this but if you have at least 1 egg, you still have a chance to get pregnant. Good Luck!
    Photobucket TTC since 1999. Unexplained Infertility. IUI#1 Oct. 12/11 - BFN IUI#2 - Nov 8 - Failed
    IUI#3 - Jan 6 IVF#1 -5/18 - stims start (225 gonal f, 75 menopur, 5 lupron) ER 5/29 - 14R, 11M, 7F. 6/1 - Transferred 2 8cell embryos (grade 1 and 2). 8dp3dt +HPT, Beta#1 - 92, Beta #2 - 174, Beta#3 - 614, Beta#4 - 2010. 6wk u/s - TWINS! Baby A 114bpm, Baby B 112 bpm Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The goal with IUI should be 1-2 mature follicles if you don't have any MFI issues or other factors playing into the decision.  I got pregnant with my DD on a Femara cycle with 1 mature follie. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    One is all it takes.  Remember, that's what most couples have to play with each month. 
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I got my BFP after IUI with one follie and only 1 million sperm, post wash. FWIF, my RE said he always tries for just one follie, as opposed to multiple follies.
    DH and I are Americans living an adventure in Kenya since 2011
    DX: PCOS (annovulatory)
    Feb 2012: IUI #1 w/ only 1M sperm and a single follie = BFP! 
    Nov 2012: Little buddy born in Kenya
    Nov 2013: Trying for a second, still w PCOS
    Dec 2013: IUI cycle canceled for non-response
    Jan 2014: Break cycle BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    gfrichgfrich member
    I also got pregnant with 1.  My RE also only goes for 1-2.  He will cancel a cycle with more than that. 
  • Options
    It can happen. A couple normally only ovulated one egg. There are a lot of us walking around to prove that it only takes one egg. GL!
  • Options
    I got pregnant with one mature follicle and it wasnt even fully mature.  It was 18mm on the day of my trigger.  My next closest follicles were 3- 14 mm's.  Not only did I get pregnant but I am having twins!  We don't know at this point if that are identical or fraternal (which means one of those 14s grew really fast).  GL!

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• Options
    As you can see in my siggy, it took us 8 IUI's to get pg with this LO.  I was extremely upset for my 8th IUI with Bravelle that I only had 1 mature follicle.  I didn't think it was possible to get pregnant when I did not get pregnant with multiple follicles.  We had no hope for this cycle but lo and behold it is not a cliche when you hear it only takes one!  We were pleasantly surprised but now I encourage anyone with 1 follicle to not lose hope.  It is possible!  Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Yes - I only had 1 mature follicle with each of my cycles.  Lucky IUI #3 worked.
    DS 1-31-13 DD 9-3-14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"