Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What's the difference...

What's the difference between light AF and heavy spotting?  I had what I thought was AF Friday & Saturday and nothing today.  AF was way lighter than normal.  I'm wondering if that was really light AF or heavy spotting.  I've never had a 2 day period before so I don't know.  AF is usually 4-5 days. My temps dropped so I figured it was AF, but we were out of town at DH's parents for the holiday and they keep their house colder than we keep ours, so I wonder if that could have affected my temps.  What do you think?  Any chance I could be pregnant?
TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
**P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: What's the difference...

• Options
    I would go by color.  If it was mainly brown it'd be spotting, mainly red AF.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I used to have 5 day cycles while on BCP then 6 when I went off; in Sept I had a 2 day cycle very heavy but red so I knew i wasn't p/g
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    spotting is usually drown, AF is red.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you tested? I had the same thing happen before I got my bfp. Thought it was AF, but only really spotted 2 days (maybe a little heavier than spotting) and then it stopped, and that's when I tested. Good luck! Also, I tested at night and got a positive, so I don't know if it would really matter if you waited until morning.
  • Options

As for color, I think it was a brownish red, so that doesn't help me.  I haven't tested yet, but thought about it.  DH and I went to his parent's house for Thanksgiving and we are celebrating with my family tonight.  I don't know if I should test now before we go.  I'm thinking if I still don't have anymore flow this afternoon, I may test tonight.  Otherwise, maybe I'll wait and see what my temp is tomorrow morning and if it is up, test then... not sure which time to test.

TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I don't know that I would be able to wait- but either way, let us know when you do test! Good luck!
  • Options

Based on your temps, I would say no, you are not pregnant. 

It's spotting if you only need a pantyliner for the entire day.  It's flow if you need more than that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"