Preemies

No more fortifying with Enfacare

When we left the hospital until Tuesday my son's bottles were always fortified with Enfacare for Extra calories.  He never caught on the BFing so all bottles were fortified BM.  We were given the ok to stop fortifying on Monday.  He used to go about 3 hrs between feedings (sometimes 2.5 or 4).  Since we stopped fortifying he eats every 2 hrs.  He eats about 4.5 oz so he is getting over 30 oz a day!   Is this normal after stopping the fortifying?  It just seems like a lot and is hard to do stuff when he wants to eat every 2 hrs now.  How did your babies transition off the fortified milk?  Thanks

Re: No more fortifying with Enfacare

• He may be having a growth spurt. My DD is 3 months old (2 months adjusted) and she only eating between 4-4.5 oz. But she's go through a spurt where she wants to eat every 2-2.5 hours.

• I thought of that, but it seems weird it started RIGHT when we stopped fortifying.  That's why I thought that might be the reason since the milk isn't as filling now.  But could also be a growth spurt.... I guess we'll find out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"