Baby Names
Options

Annabelle vs. Annelise

Okay, I am back again needing advice!  I thought we had the name Annelise picked, but then a couple people mentioned it may be a target for bullies to call her 'anal ease'.  Ugh!  So now, I can't get it out of my head.  I love Annelise b/c it is not as common as Annabelle.  It also means 'Grace', which I love b/c DD name is Leighton Grace, so I like the meaning/link between the two.

So I went back to my 2nd choice as an option again, Annabelle.  What do you prefer?:

Annelise Rose

Annabelle Rose

Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Annabelle vs. Annelise

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    Both are pretty, I favor Annelise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I prefer Annelise Rose--I knew an Annalise and I never thought of the connection to anal ease.  I think it's much prettier than Annabelle IMO.  I actually had it on my short list of names!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like both.  Go for Annelise, since it's what you really want.
  • Options
    Annelise
  • Options
    MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    I like Annelise.  It's unique and beautiful.  I heard Annabelle a lot - a friend just named her DD that.  I think no matter what name a person chooses for their child, there is going to be a way for kids to find some sort of nickname for them.  I wouldn't count out this name because of that !
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• Options
    Annelise
    The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley
  • Options

I prefer the name Annelise

but Annabelle Rose sounds better.

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Options
    I think they're both very pretty!
  • Options
    Annelise Rose

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    Annabella!
  • Options
    I prefer Annelise.  I'm so over everything "Belle."
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I love them both. I do think Annabelle Rose sounds better than Annelise Rose, but if you (and your husband) prefer Annelise I wouldn't let 'anal ease' stop you from using it. I don't hear 'anal ease' at all- maybe if it was spelled Analise or something, but not with the spelling you have. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

Annelise for sure! That might be my daughter's name as well. FWIW, I've never thought of "Anal ease". I did know a girl in high school named Anally who was called Anal a lot. A student printed her name in the yearbook as Anal, poor girl.

My point is, Annelise really does not sound or look like Anal and you should go for it!

| R 11/22/12  |  L 03/14/14 |
  • Options
    I like Annabelle way better Annelise

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage

Natural M/C at 7 weeks 9.17.08 Natural M/C at 7 weeks 2.1.13

• Options
    I love Annabelle.

• Options
    There's something about Annelise I've never liked, so I vote for Annabelle (though I prefer the spelling Annabel). Annie's a cute nn.
  • Options
    alr5kalr5k member
    I like Annabelle Rose
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    trojastrojas member

I would never think 'anal ease' from Annelise, I'm sorry.

If you like the name, use it. 

• Options
    I like Annelise better than Annabelle. If you are interested in a third option, the summer intern at my office is named Annaleigh (not tottaly sure how she spells it) and I think that is pretty too.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• Options
    Oh, and I know someone named Avabelle, which is cute too and not so popular.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• Options

Haha, I'm cracking up bc I love Anneliese and my DH said the exact same thing about "anal ease". Men!

So I love it obviously, and would probably use it if DH would go for it. I just think it's so pretty. If you can get past that, use it!!

Oh Boy! On our way to 3! Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Anneliese. 

Annabelle makes me think of a cow - not sure why, just does. 

• Options
    imageAligator28:

Anneliese. 

Annabelle makes me think of a cow - not sure why, just does. 

Haha, me too!  Thanks Ladies and I love some the suggestions you've given :)

Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Annabelle Rose

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Anneliese!
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    I vote Annabelle Rose.

The Family Guy episode where Quagmire names his daughter that and nick names her anal for short ruined it for me. I just hear anal ease. Sorry, I may be immature like that but ever since that episode that name has been ruined for me.
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Options
    To add to my last post. Since they do make fun of the name on such a popular TV show many kids won't have to connect the dots themselves since they will have heard it connected to the word anal. My mom is a teacher and I ran it by her too, she immediately said that the other kids would have a field day making fun of the name. 
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"