12 Weeks Pregnant
Options

12 weeks injury

I am twelve weeks pregnant.  Yesterday a kindergarten student came up to hug me and fell.  He ended up running into me.  Today my pelvic bone is sore when I touch it.  Is the baby okay?  Should I contact my doctor?

I know I might be paranoid.  Thanks for your response.  

Re: 12 weeks injury

• Options

I am NOT a doctor, but if you are worried, there is no harm in calling him/her. I wouldn't worry to much though, the little one is not showing too much at this point and has a lot of protection still. But anyway- call if it will make you feel better!!!!

• Options

I would say call just in case. You might have just bruised something, and that is normal. I pick up heavy bags and at work and the other day I knocked one into my tummy and it hurt for around 10 mins and then went away. But I still called and told my doctor just in case they wanted to know.

And then the nurse will put it in your file so your doctor can keep that info in check in case something DOES go wrong later on down the road. Just better to keep all your bases covered. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you're worried or concerned check with your doc.

FROM EXPERIENCE - I work with really aggressive special needs kids.  My previous pregnancy, I took a few kicks and hits to the belly.  The most severe was when I was at 19 weeks.  I went to the ER and and followed up with my OB the following day.  My OB said that it was still early enough in the pregnancy, that there was still so much room and padding, there really wasn't any cause for concern unless there was spotting or whatever. 

I don't expect my experience to take all your concerns away, but I hope it makes it a litlle less scary. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"