Special Needs
Options

***BRAG DAY WEDNESDAY***

Post those brags mommies!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: ***BRAG DAY WEDNESDAY***

• Options

Last week we started a new PT method. We tie/bind DD's legs at the knee/thigh when she's sitting. This makes her utilize and develop her quads and her glutes. It also helps with her balance and upper extremity weight bearing.

We had a great OT session last night and while her legs were bound she caught herself multiple times when she lost her balance. She also maneuvered from sitting to tummy to back with her legs bound so her upper extremities are getting an awesome work out. This was also the first time we had an session without a single meltdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thomas started summer camp today and he transitioned perfectly when I dropped him off :)  This probably won't last (his behaviors tend to get worse when he becomes more comfortable in a situation), but it felt awesome today :)

Thomas ~ 07/07/2008 ~ 8 lbs, 5 oz

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

What's in my camera bag: Nikon D5000, Kit Lens 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm 1.8G, 50mm 1.8G, 85mm 1.8G, Tamron 28-75mm, SB 600 Speedlight

Global Developmental Delay consisting of a receptive language delay and self help skills delay

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We just got back from the park, and DD1 played so nicely with another little boy about her age. They were chased by sharks, visited the jungle and "snakeland," and shared chocolate chip cookies with aliens. :) These were all the boy's ideas and mostly involved running from place to place and pointing out things they "saw," but DD1 played along, contributed, and kept up with all the changes. It made my chest tight, I was so happy to see her having fun like that. 

Last week we were having another playdate, and she declared that the little girl we were going to see was her favorite and DD1 loved her. :) 

When she's looking forward to something now, she tells us she's excited and it actually shows in her voice and face. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    Ds is walking everywhere and using some words more and more! Yesterday we had a f/u with endocrinology and while the woman was trying to take his blood pressure (and taking her good old time), he got pretty bored and looked at her and said "all done!", lol. Melts my heart : ) 
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    DS is going to speech camp this summer to get help with his apraxia and auditory processing disorder.  Today, the music therapist told me DS was shouting out answers and helping to "interpret" for other kids.  The music therapist called DS the "spokesperson" for the group.  A year ago I could not have imagined hearing the words "James" and "spokesperson" in the same sentence.
  • Options
    AMelie has started saying her name! I was so worried when we found out she was deaf that she would never learn to say her name. I actually thought about changing it to something easier. Video here: https://cochlearimplantjourney.blogspot.com/2012/06/amelie-says-amelie.html
    Anniversary Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSoapstone:
    AMelie has started saying her name! I was so worried when we found out she was deaf that she would never learn to say her name. I actually thought about changing it to something easier. Video here: https://cochlearimplantjourney.blogspot.com/2012/06/amelie-says-amelie.html

Cute!

& LOL.....I recognized the "iPad swiping arm" immediately (see siggy)

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options

DS has learned to pick his nose!!!

Ew, but great pointer finger isolation! 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options

In the 3 hours that M fought sleep tonight she said "nigh nigh" repeatedly this is only her 4th word others are ut oh (that that and hi--but she rarely says them).  It was hard to be annoyed at her for not wanting to sleep when she kept saying it lol. 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Options
    imageAssembly_Reqd:

imageSoapstone:

Cute!

& LOL.....I recognized the "iPad swiping arm" immediately (see siggy)

Oh yeah, she's addicted too! Sometimes I wish she'd never seen it!

Anniversary Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"