Success after IF

Should I have asked for progesterone supps?

I did a clomid challenge test this month and we decided that we would tta so I canceled the midcycle monitoring appointment.  By CD18 I still hadn't gotten a positive OPK so I figured I missed my window. I went out of town for a night and when I returned we had sex.  The next day I tested on a whim and got a smiley face.  So we did it again.

I'm on 8DPO now and my temps look great and I'm feeling pretty confident (although a little freaked that I have no idea how well I may have responded to the higher dose of 100mg clomid.)  My RE prescribed progesterone suppositories for my injectible cycle with DS2.  Do you think it would be a good idea to call and ask about them for this cycle? Or should I just wait and see if I get a positive HPT?

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Should I have asked for progesterone supps?

• Unless you have a known history of low progesterone, I don't think a few days will make a difference but it never hurts to ask.   I personally would have rescheduled a monitoring appt as soon as I changed my mind about TTA.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I'd call, for sure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • In my book progesterone never hurts and may help so yes, I'd call.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• imageitsmevkb:
    In my book progesterone never hurts and may help so yes, I'd call.

This.  Good luck!

• If you get pregnant the old fashioned way, your body should produce the right amount of hormones on its own because of the way your body works. If it makes you feel better though, I would ask.
    IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"