Baby Showers

How do you know if the crib mattress will fit?

I know the first reaction some people will have is that crib mattresses are a standard size, but even just comparing two from BRU, one is 52.5 x 27.5 x 5.5 and another is 52.5x 29.2x 6.6. The outside dimensions of the crib I like are 56.0 x 32.0 x 8.2, but since they don't list inside size I have to assume one mattress will be a bit too big and the other too small. I know you don't want a gap between the mattress and sides of the crib. BRU customer service said both would fit, but how is that possible if they are slightly different sizes? Would hate to get a mattress as a shower gift and have to exchange it.
TTC since 8/10.Hypothyroidism, put on Synthroid. Clomid 50 mg + IUI Oct '11 = BFN. HSG found blocked tube Nov '11. Lap + Hysteroscopy to remove tube and fix septum Dec '11. Cancelled following cycle due to lack of response to Clomid. Jan/Feb '12 Clomid 100mg + Folllitism + HSG + Vivelle Dot + IUI #2 = BFN. 3/30/12: Natural Cycle BFP - beta 59 @ 12dpo, beta 286 @ 16dpo Baby boy arrived 12/8/12!

Re: How do you know if the crib mattress will fit?

• Well, you can get a tape measure and do it the old fashioned way. duh.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My crib explicitly stated what size mattress I'd need, and what measurements it couldn't exceed. If you get the crib first, find out the measurements that would fit, then register for the correct mattress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageapollonia10:
    My crib explicitly stated what size mattress I'd need, and what measurements it couldn't exceed. If you get the crib first, find out the measurements that would fit, then register for the correct mattress.

Mine too. Otherwise get out a measuring tape!

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • MiahTMiahT member
    I didn't realize all the crib mattresses weren't a standard size until I started reading crib reviews on BRU.  I know one company - I think it's DaVinci? - will fit a standard mattress but it's a super tight fit and extremely difficult to change sheets, according to the reviews.  However, DaVinci also seems to make their own mattresses which seem to fit their cribs specifically, so I suspect that might have something to do with it.  My advice is to read the crib reviews and see if anyone has had any issues with mattresses fitting; or if the crib you want is on display at the store, find out what mattress they have in it (assuming it fits the way you want) and go from there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My crib specified what size matress.  Try there first.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The mattress size I needed was printed onto my actual crib. If yours isn't, google it and you'll probably find the answer you need.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"