Minnesota Babies

In-home daycare search - where did you begin?

I'm sure this is asked a lot but I am overwhelmed on how to start searching for daycare.  We are looking to start in January and I have either gotten 'too soon to ask' or 'already know I have no openings."  I'm already starting to feel defeated on the whole thing...and I have only just begun.  Any tips?

BFP#1 8/24/11, EDD 5/5/12, D&C 10/24/11 due to missed m/c

BFP #2 2/1/12, EDD 10/11/12.  Baby arrived 10/9/12

BFP #3 5/6/14, EDD 1/14/15

Re: In-home daycare search - where did you begin?

• We used MNChildCare.org
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used this site and searched for 'Family Child Care' in the cities we were looking for. I pretty much went down the list, read the description if there is one, skipped any that weren't 'active' and just kept calling. It did get discouraging because most in-homes can have one infant at a time. You do have quite awhile to go, but I would just keep calling and interviewing, if they tell you it's too soon ask when they will know and call back. We managed to find a great daycare in under 6 weeks of searching. Good Luck!

https://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us/

image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• Loading the player...
  • Just ask everyone you know or are acquainted with.  I got down to a few weeks before baby was born with no leads.  I mean, NONE.  I ended up asking at the clinic where I went for all my OB appointments if they happened to know anyone, and one of the receptionists had a neighbor that did daycare.  We went with her and it's been a great decision ever since!  She wasn't licensed at the time, but was in the past, so we took a bit of a gamble but it's worked out fine & now she's licensed again.  Best wishes on your search!!

• Thank you ladies!

BFP#1 8/24/11, EDD 5/5/12, D&C 10/24/11 due to missed m/c

BFP #2 2/1/12, EDD 10/11/12.  Baby arrived 10/9/12

BFP #3 5/6/14, EDD 1/14/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"