Pre-School and Daycare

New here - Waldorf questions

Does anyone here send their child to a Waldorf school, or have experience with them? DS' birthday is next month and I don't want him to get only clothes that can't be worn to school. They don't have a uniform, but there is a pretty strict dress code.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New here - Waldorf questions

• I do not have experience but I am confused, what does his specific school's dress code have anything to do with his birthday?
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageLittlejen22:
    I do not have experience but I am confused, what does his specific school's dress code have anything to do with his birthday?

She wants to get him clothes for his birthday, I'm guessing for school, but she doesn't want to have him not be able to wear them to school because of the dress code? Am I right?

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not buying them as gifts, but his aunts and uncles like to buy him clothes (not that he needs any) and they know he's attending private school in fall and want to get him stuff he can wear. I should just tell them all jeans, just buy him jeans, but that will never happen. I don't mean to be pushy with people, but I know they get upset when they never see a picture of him wearing what they got him.

The dress code wasn't on the website, I went to other Waldorf schools websites and found varying ideas on a theme, some are stricter than others. The reasoning behind the no characters and writing is to let the kid's personality shine, but it also helps prevent label envy or whatever it's called, and that's something I can get behind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"