Baby Showers
Options

Family Feud

So, my mom, grandmother, and aunt are planning my shower for this side of the family. They refuse to work together with my husband's family to throw one shower. My grandmother has now decided that my mother in law (who knows nothing about their shower except the date) is copying her and/or going to have hers first JUST to be spiteful. My MIL actually has several weekends in September (when my side of the family is planning their shower) where she already has plans. My baby is due early November and I don't want my shower pushed back very far so I have time to get everything prepared in the nursery and have time to buy things that I still need and early October is when my MIL is throwing the shower for my SIL. How can I convince my grandmother that there isn't any problem with my in laws planning their shower before theirs and that she's the one being problematic? Also, that she can't get mad at my MIL if she chooses the same theme as their shower if they don't tell her what the theme of their shower is? (It's supposed to be a surprise or something, so I don't know it.)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog

Re: Family Feud

• Options
    You can't reason with crazy. Don't tell your grandmother any details (I mean, how does she know the theme of the other shower?).  She asks, she gets pissy. Just shrug your shoulders and say "don't know". 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    See, the thing is she doesn't know anything about the other shower except that they are planning one. Because I don't know anything. I didn't even tell her she was probably going to do it before their shower. She just decided to go crazy about it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageashtonblair123:
    See, the thing is she doesn't know anything about the other shower except that they are planning one. Because I don't know anything. I didn't even tell her she was probably going to do it before their shower. She just decided to go crazy about it.
    Then let her go crazy. "don't know what to tell ya gram". 

Anything you try to convince her about, she's going to use that as more ammo to be crazy. 

OR stop trying to be nice about it and just tell her you're not playing this game. This baby is as important to his family as it yours and that's all that matters to you.  

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Crazy is crazy. I'd try to explain that you told MIL nothing about their shower. If she doesn't let it go, I'd just ignore it.
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Options
    Sounds like she is just a crotchety grandma.  I wouldn't get into it with her...just keep saying "I don't know".  Let that be your mantra.  Why is she so concerned that it will be the same theme anyway?  The same people won't be at both showers.
  • Options

imagerhubarb123:
    Sounds like she is just a crotchety grandma.  I wouldn't get into it with her...just keep saying "I don't know".  Let that be your mantra.  Why is she so concerned that it will be the same theme anyway?  The same people won't be at both showers.

This.

Good grief, I'm sorry you have to deal with this.  What the hell is wrong with people??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    Well theory, if your MIL is first your grandmother can outdo it. Honestly though, tell your grandmother she's causing you a great deal of stress and to move on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"