VBAC

VBAC Question

Ideally how many centimeters should you wait to get an epi when doing a VBAC?  I was discussing with my doc on Monday and he suggested going as far as possible naturally to not stop the bodies natural process.  I only progressed to 5cm, didn't go any further with DD so in my mind I'd like to be at least 5-6 before getting it.  Is there a rule of thumb or suggestions?
My BFP Chart
BFP 7.16.11 - Chemical M/C 7.26.11
BFP 1.12.12 - EDD 10.12.12 - Stick baby stick!
Beta#1 (12DPO) - Beta 48 Prog 34
Beta #2(19DPO) - Beta 1767 Prog 54 - Beta #3(26DPO) -
My BFP Chart
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: VBAC Question

• I'm interested as well, I only made it to 3 before I got my epi and I'm pretty sure that is what really stalled my labor and one of the many contributing factos that led to my c/s.  My goal is to go without an epi this time, but I'm also not ruling it out if it helps me rest and save energy for pushing. near the end.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There is evidence that getting an epidural before 4 cm increases your odds of a c/s.  I'd shoot for 4-6 cm.  Once you get to 7 or 8 cm, you are in transition and hopefully you'll be pushing the kid out soon.  It is normal during transition to feel like OMG I can't do this, give me drugs!!! but usually that means you are near the finish line.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageiris427:
    There is evidence that getting an epidural before 4 cm increases your odds of a c/s.  I'd shoot for 4-6 cm.  Once you get to 7 or 8 cm, you are in transition and hopefully you'll be pushing the kid out soon.  It is normal during transition to feel like OMG I can't do this, give me drugs!!! but usually that means you are near the finish line.

This exactly!  :)

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"