Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Birthday party question

My daughter?s 5th birthday is September?the first week of school.   She has been in pre-K at the same school this past year and is now in a summer camp/summer session at the same school.  My husband and I are trying to figure out who she should invite to her bday party which will be the first weekend after school starts.   I would like to have her choose which friends she wants to invite.  However, do you think that would cause problems at school if she talks about having a party and some of her friends in her new class aren?t invited?  Do you think we should just invite the entire class she will be with in September (may not have the class list before party though)?  Thoughts?

Re: Birthday party question

• Options

I don't think it would be a huge issue if you let her choose the friends to invite.  There have been kids in DD's class have parties that she didn't get invited to.  When she heard about the parties she didn't seem to care much that she wasn't invited.  She asked me why she didn't get to go and then the next day completely forgot about it.   

We invited the whole class to DD's party, only because the venue charged the same price whether we had 5 kids or 25 kids.

Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options
    We had the same kind of debate about DD's party this year. Our party package includes 12 kids so I tried to limit it to that many. Her class has 20+ kids and she also has friends and family outside of daycare, so we let her invite the people she wanted and I did an evite. I do know that lots of parents don't invite the entire class because of limitations with how many kids you can invite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, its not a big deal.  Reminder your DD not to talk about the party at school and leave it at that.  Decide how many of her friends she wants to invite - mail or email the invites or hand them to the parents if you see them and call it a day.  My DD is in a PreK class and the kids know that they are not getting invited to every party and its really not a big deal.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

I have an early Sept. birthday daughter too, and this was always an issue in preschool.  Once they're in elementary it's less of a problem.

I think that by the time kids are 5, it's okay to do a party where she only invites actual friends instead of the whole class.  Just mail invites to kids' homes instead of handing them out at school. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"