Military Families
Options

Tricare and dnc

Hello ladies,

I just came back from doc office and my LO lost her heartbeat today 8w3d. The heart stopped today. First u/s was 10days ago and hb was low 86. I am lost for words. I keep asking God "why me"? DH said god knows he wants to give us a health baby.

So my question is does tricare cover dnc? Also do they cover testing so see why the baby died? I told DH to go to work i will be ok. I am siting here crying.

Re: Tricare and dnc

• Options

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I've never personally gone thru it so I'm not sure what words to use but hang in there and I am here if you need to talk!

Which TRIcare do you have? Prime? Select?

BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you very much for kind words. I have tricare select.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i am so sorry. no one should have to go through this. tricare DEFINITELY pays for a D and C and for testing. I hope you get some answers!

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options

I am so sorry for your loss. I was on Tricare Standard when I lost my baby last year - they covered almost the entirety of the costs. (Prime would have covered all) We had testing done prior to the miscarriage as my doctor could tell something was wrong with the baby based on the ultrasounds. Tricare covered almost all of that as well. It was NOT cheap. Our baby had triploidy - a nearly always fatal condition involving an extra chromosome.

Just let yourself cry & mourn for awhile. It's always heartbreaking to lose a pregnancy, no matter when or why. I'm so glad you have DH with you - mine was deployed to Iraq when our loss happened. The sadness never goes away, but does get a bit easier with time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    after my 4th loss i started seeing a counselor at fleet and family it made me feel so much better. I wish i did it after my first. just something i wanted to put out there. it is free and it is nice to talk to someone about it

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options

ladies, thank you for taking your time to offer me kind words.I am also sorry for those who lost their LO.My DH want me to talk to someone about it. I am not near any base i might look for a counselor. All my friends are pregnant or just had their babies and dont want to be a downer ;-(
    inateapot-i can only imagine losing your LO while DH was deployed.

I am glad tricare will cover dnc and test because i know what happened. I was looking forward to 2nd trimester so that i can relax...but really you can not relax until the baby is born.

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Tricare will cover it. I've had multiple miscarriages, and physically speaking, my recovery and healing was much quicker and less painful when I had a dnc. Good luck, and take advantage of the pregnancy loss boards. They are a tremendous support.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you Lissa.

Do i need to contact tricare before the procedure? Pre authorization?

• Options
    imagesummerof69:

Thank you Lissa.

Do i need to contact tricare before the procedure? Pre authorization?

Your doctor's office should be able to handle it all for you. It will be considered a medically necessary procedure. I'm not well versed on the ins and out of Select, but most doctors won't proceed until they have the proper approvals if they need them. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss. It isn't something anyone can fully understand unless they've been through it. It is something that will always stay with you, but you will learn to live with it. Utilize the people in your life who are supportive. A kind word or a shoulder for support will be tremendously helpful to you in the coming months. Good luck and hangin there. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I wanted to add that since you're not near a base, you can get free counseling via the Military One Source web site:  https://www.militaryonesource.mil/MOS/f?p=MOS:HOME:0::::

They can arrange an online chat with a counselor or one over the telephone if you are unable to make appointments or get out for any reason.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I had 3 miscarriages myself and they didn't do any type of testing for the first 2.  My dr. said that it's not uncommon till you have 3 or more, so you may want to check to see if your doctor is even going to do testing.  I was 17 weeks when I had my 3rd miscarriage and they did do testing and still couldn't give me any definate answers.  I was devastated that we couldn't get answers b/c I really thought we would, so I just want to prepare you for that as well.  I now have a healthy boy so don't give up!  And please try to speak with someone...anyone.  For me I spoke with a friend who had multiple miscarriages as well.  For some reason I just felt like she could understand what I was going through.  Best of luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"