Preemies
Options

daytime sleep/awake times

Should my LO have more awake times during day? She basically wakes up to eat and most of the time falls back asleep at the end of the feeding. Is this normal per her adjusted age? Or should I be trying harder to keep her up per her actual age?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: daytime sleep/awake times

• Options
    kck329kck329 member

I feel like this is a repeat question from you. Its exhausting to have a newborn. Especially after a NICU stay. But keep in mind your LO is still a newborn and will continue to act like one.  Can you tell us more about what's going on, how YOU are managing? Do you have help? Do you ever get a break to sleep, get out, shower, read, etc?

• Options
    imagekck329:

I feel like this is a repeat question from you. Its exhausting to have a newborn. Especially after a NICU stay. But keep in mind your LO is still a newborn and will continue to act like one.  Can you tell us more about what's going on, how YOU are managing? Do you have help? Do you ever get a break to sleep, get out, shower, read, etc?

no i'm not repeating a question! i am wondering if she should be AWAKE more during the day! not sleeping at night! :) i'm doing fine!  she is sleeping fine, if you would see that in my original post. so, no i am not asking about sleep. i was, as i have stated, wondering about how much awake time she should have during the day and if i should be basing it on her actual or adjusted age. geez

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kck329kck329 member
    imageBostonKisses2:
    imagekathyn21:
    imagekck329:

no i'm not repeating a question! i am wondering if she should be AWAKE more during the day! not sleeping at night! :) i'm doing fine!  she is sleeping fine, if you would see that in my original post. so, no i am not asking about sleep. i was, as i have stated, wondering about how much awake time she should have during the day and if i should be basing it on her actual or adjusted age. geez

Whoa.  Step back and take a deep breath, hun.  You've had a lot of sleep questions here lately, and sometimes sleep questions run together - people get confused and whatnot.  I doubt kck was being snarky to you, and if you read her response (and mine above hers, for that matter), you'll see we answered your question.  FTR, I'm not being snarky either - hopefully the info helps you out a bit. 

ETA 

Thanks Boston. OP-you don't know me so let me tell you that I was genuinely concerned because you seem to ask variations on the same question (sleep/awake/sleep/awake...adjusted/actual/adjusted/actual). Usually when we see that on this board it is a sign of PPD or PTSD, both of which are very common with preemie moms.

Good luck with your LO, treat her as her adjusted age (for sleep and awake and other milestones too) and I imagine you'll find she is a typical newborn in almost every way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"