Florida Babies
Options

Looking for a good OB in Tampa area

The family and I are pcsing to Macdill in July And I'm looking for a good OB in the area. I prefer to be seen off base. If anyone has any info that could help it will be very much appreciated.  Thank You!

Re: Looking for a good OB in Tampa area

• Options

I really like the doctors at Lifetime Obstetrics and Gynecology. I have met most of the docs and like the ones I've met (8 total in the group, I think, but one doesn't do OB). They have an office right by St. Joseph's Women's hospital - probably about 20 minutes from MacDill AFB. I find their office manager-type people are kind of rude, but I've had good experience with the doctors - they delivered my first baby. There is also a very big university practice (University of South Florida) based at Tampa General Hospital, about 10 minutes from MacDill. I know a few of the docs there and like the ones I know, but there are probably over 30 docs in that group. (The University group has all the specialties too, including infertility and perinatology). I generally think Tampa General is a better hospital than St. Joseph's, but my OB was recommended by a friend when I was pretty new to Tampa and didn't know much about the area or the hospitals, and I do like the doctors. USF definitely takes military insurance, not sure about Lifetime.

Good luck and welcome to Tampa!

*NBT born 11/6/09 * SAB 2/19/12 (due 9/27/12)* Baby #2 (a girl!)due 12/7/2012*
  • Options
    Myself and a couple friends all go to Insignia Care for Women.  They are awesome.  About 15-20 minutes from the base.  Wilkerson, Jones, Newton and Von Thron are four of the best doctors there, although they all seem great.  Here is a link to their website: https://www.womenscarefl.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/site.content/type/92697.cfm
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go to the Woman's Group and they are absolutely amazing! I go to the Land O' Lakes office but they have a few Tampa offices. I'm on hospital bed rest right now at St. Joe's Women's so I've met the Tampa doctors when they do their rounds daily and they've all been wonderful! I've found that, at least in the Land O' Lakes office, every single person is amazing, friendly, and caring. It's obvious to me that they really have a high standard of care and take pride in their reputation, and at the office I go to, there are no male employees or doctors which makes me a lot more comfortable. The office is also immaculately clean. I'm picky about doctors and I will never go to another OB/GYN because I trust them completely and feel they've done everything exactly right with regards to my care. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"