LGBT Parenting

TTT

2»

Re: TTT

• image2moms2twins:

2) M and I are at each others throat  - we need some away time we work together, live together and are always together... Good luck with that! Sounds like you each need some me time away from the house with friends!

5)  Girls are getting so big and b day is just around the corner - still deciding Pulled pork or Hawaiian pizza? Its a Hawaiian luau theme pool party. I realize I will not be enjoying the party but be working it Pulled pork would be less work because you can stick it in the crock pot and forget about it. It can also be made farther ahead of time than the pizza (assuming you are making the pizza from scratch too not buying) and is more economical. Ky is having Hell.o Kitty's Hairbow pasta with three sauce choices for her party. All can be made ahead of time and thrown in the crockpot...

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagehlke:

8. I had a complete and total meltdown on Father's Day, six days after making it through the anniversary of Dad's death with relative ease.  I hate that he's not here and it's so not fair.  And I hate that C's dad is such a jerk, because he has the benefit of being alive, and I think he should use his time on earth to be a not-jerk.

Sorry hike, i missed your original post- but my dad passed in 2005, and fathers day always sucks. DW dad is a waste of space and doesn't deserve to be alive, while my dad was amazing and a great person, and is dead. Father's Day is just a reminder of how unfair life is. Anytime you want to vent, feel free, I'm right there with ya'.

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  This is my first TTT list.

2.  This baby will NOT stop moving around.  Please go to sleep, little one.  PLEASE!

3.  DW quit her job this morning.  Uhhh...  (and by "Uhhh" I mean I completely support her decision to get out of a toxic situation, even if it means trimming down to a single income a mere 6 weeks before the baby comes.  gulp.)

4.  It's too effing hot to be pregnant right now.

5.  I can't stay focused at work.  I just lurk and post or try to find something to blog about while keeping myself from registry-stalking. 

6.  Big gay shower this weekend, complete with a few hater relatives.  Can't wait to see how that turns out!!  Wonder which group drinks more by the end of the party...

7.  No seriously, I should be working right now.

8.  I'm getting tired of judgment from friends and family when I say "No, we really don't know if it's a boy or a girl.  Yes, we have names picked out for both, but no, we're not telling."  It's like we know the winning lottery numbers and refuse to tell.

9.  I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to wear to big, fab, gay shower.  Nothing I own looks good anymore and I'm tired of just throwing on any old clothes and saying, "whatever...who cares...I'm pregnant."  I want to look pretty again before I'm covered in poop and spit-up.  Just one more time.

10.  The guy behind the deli counter gave me a double-take today when I said, "Yes, I want chips and a salad with my sandwich."  Thankfully my friend moved me along before I committed a felony.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. LV1979 sorry to hear you guys are out this cycle. (((Hugs)))

2. I have met babyhyem (who used to be on the board) and 2moms2twins. I wish we lived closer and could make it to more of the GTGs.

3. I took today off because I had to take E to the elementary school for move-up day. She got to meet her teacher and some of her classmates. She was SO EXCITED!!!

4. A guy was supposed to come and inspect my heating/A/C and plumbing today with a grou.pon deal. He didn't show and when I called he said he didn't get my email confirming the address. But thankfully he rescheduled for Sat. morning so I don't have to take another day off.

5. E's kindergarten graduation is on Thursday. They do caps and gowns and a ceremony. Somebody hand me the kleenex.

6. How did I become such a sap? It's kindergarten Kari, get yourself together!

7. My brother called last night to tell me that he and his wife are early on in their first pregnancy. I'm going to be an auntie!

8. We have cloudy cool weather here. And this weekend is Pride and it looks like rain. Boo.

9. I told E's dad yest about K and I breaking up. By the end of the convo he said he should introduce me to his lesbian coworker. Um...awkward much? It totally cracked me up.

10. Send us some of your sunshine for Pride weekend, ladies!!!

• hlkehlke member
    imageball.and.chain:
    imagehlke:

8. I had a complete and total meltdown on Father's Day, six days after making it through the anniversary of Dad's death with relative ease.  I hate that he's not here and it's so not fair.  And I hate that C's dad is such a jerk, because he has the benefit of being alive, and I think he should use his time on earth to be a not-jerk.

hlke, I'm sorry, I have these feelings too (not about C's dad, obv, or about my FILs for that matter, but about other people's mothers/mothers in general).  I worry that this will get worse when I am pregnant/have kid(s) and have to confront the fact that they'll never know their grandmother.

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone/crazy.  I think her dad not being supportive of us TTC is definitely triggering me right now.  He's going to get to be a grandparent whether he supports us or not, but my dad won't.  It just makes me so sad.  My dad was such a funny, loving, thoughtful man, and he would have been such a great grandpa.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • hlkehlke member
    imagenorika33:
    imagehlke:

Sorry hike, i missed your original post- but my dad passed in 2005, and fathers day always sucks. DW dad is a waste of space and doesn't deserve to be alive, while my dad was amazing and a great person, and is dead. Father's Day is just a reminder of how unfair life is. Anytime you want to vent, feel free, I'm right there with ya'.

Thanks.  Yes, that's exactly how I feel.  I guess I just wasn't expecting it to hit me so hard on Father's Day.  It's been two years since he passed away, and I was expecting the big feelings on the anniversary day.  Now I know!  

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • I haven't done a TTT in a long time, and I already replied to folks so let's say that covers 1-5 :-)

I've met 2brides, and Two, and N2A and little ones. I wish I was going to the Philly GTG this weekend, since I have to work all weekend, boo.

BUT....shhh...just got some super exciting news that I hope goes my way!! (sorry to be cagey, but its underwraps)

• imagenorika33:

I haven't done a TTT in a long time, and I already replied to folks so let's say that covers 1-5 :-)

I've met 2brides, and Two, and N2A and little ones. 

And Joy!! She's lovely too :-) 

• image2mommiesinoh:
    image2moms2twins:

2) M and I are at each others throat  - we need some away time we work together, live together and are always together... Good luck with that! Sounds like you each need some me time away from the house with friends!

5)  Girls are getting so big and b day is just around the corner - still deciding Pulled pork or Hawaiian pizza? Its a Hawaiian luau theme pool party. I realize I will not be enjoying the party but be working it Pulled pork would be less work because you can stick it in the crock pot and forget about it. It can also be made farther ahead of time than the pizza (assuming you are making the pizza from scratch too not buying) and is more economical. Ky is having Hell.o Kitty's Hairbow pasta with three sauce choices for her party. All can be made ahead of time and thrown in the crockpot...

Our friends have been less than friendly ... actually they suck lately ... and we dont really have separate friends? ODD I know  disadvantage of working from home ... and I have no issue making friend I can gab but M is quiet

Pulled pork sounds easy need for 60 people and we are vegetarians ( EEEK ) 20 hours in a crock pot heard our house will wreak, reek reak (SP) SMELL BAD! !!!!

Pizza not making from scratch but costco and then adding stuff to it possibly .. 

Hello kitty sounds fun and SUPER EASY  ... ours is Hawaiian /luau themed and we r not going nuts on decorations so i figured I should at least get the food right ???   But i wanna enjoy said party and not cook not clean  mind you we live in NV and party is in CALI and MY MOM said no cooking at her house and M mom said pulled pork smells up the house so no ...HMMMMM

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • image2moms2twins:
    [

Our friends have been less than friendly ... actually they suck lately ... and we dont really have separate friends? ODD I know  disadvantage of working from home ... and I have no issue making friend I can gab but M is quiet

We don't really have seperate friends either and we don't work from home lol. The only two friends I have that are really just "mine" live in other states. I am like M and am quiet and I do not make friends easily. Ann could make a new friend out of a complete stranger...

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1. I'm a day late to the party. Oops. 

2. We're at J's parents for the day.

3. It's super hot, so we plan on enjoying the pool today. J is actually cleaning it as I type.

4. They are also having a little parade tonight. Early 4th of July or something, but it's going to be cute and we're excited!

5. After a 47 day cycle, I finally started a new cycle a few days ago. I've never had a cycle that long and am SO happy to finally move on.

6. We finally found a new apartment!  We put the deposit down last week and are just waiting until we can sign the lease and put down first months rent and pet deposit. ($500 pet deposit, ouch!)

7. We went out for a couple of drinks a few nights ago and I just checked my online bank statement. We gave them the card to start a tab but paid in cash - they felt the need to charge my card too. I'm angry.  Now I don't know if I should go to the establishment itself or to the bank to fix the problem. Grr. 

8. Oh, I can't wait to be in the pool. It's so hot.  And I don't mind getting some sun :)

9. I'm glad I just found sunscreen too. I don't want to fry.

10. I'm not looking forward to going home and packing...  Ugh, I hate moving. 

*BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • imagenorika33:
    imagehlke:

You have my sympathy. Both of my parents passed away. It sucks. Hard. My mother died when I was 3 and my dad passed away 5 years ago last month. He was both parents to me, growing up and my best friend, in adulthood. It breaks my heart N will never meet him.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"