Snarky and T-TTC
Options

Fighting with my RE's office (long)

Our IVF was in October. On the paperwork we signed regarding frozen embryos it states-

Cryopreservation of embryos (for 1st year) $850.
Each subsequent year $650.

We received the bill in January and paid it. Last month I received a bill for $650 to cover 2012 embryo storage. I called them and they were telling me that when I paid in October that only paid for the remainder of 2011. So in 2012 I owe the $650 again.

I think since the paperwork states "for first year" that should mean until October. They were arguing that no matter when you do the cycle, it only covers until the end of the calendar year.

Am I wrong here? Anyway after arguing about it and saying that it was explained incorrectly to us, they waived the fee. I just think if they mean calendar year they should say that rather than "first year."
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fighting with my RE's office (long)

• Options
    I agree with you. It should have been more specific. If you did a cycle in Dec. you'd have to pay again right away. That doesn't seem right to me. I'd be fighting them too!
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageHazelEyes730:
    I agree with you. It should have been more specific. If you did a cycle in Dec. you'd have to pay again right away. That doesn't seem right to me. I'd be fighting them too!
    I agree. That's a load of crap to charge a year's worth of storage for a couple months. That's ridiculous if that's how it really works, but if it is, they need to make that clear. There's no way I'd interpret "first year" as the remainder of the calendar year.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageshotzie:
    imageHazelEyes730:

I agree. That's a load of crap to charge a year's worth of storage for a couple months. That's ridiculous if that's how it really works, but if it is, they need to make that clear. There's no way I'd interpret "first year" as the remainder of the calendar year.

All of this.  It would be total BS to charge you full year fees for just a few months. I'm glad you got the fee waived.  So sorry you have to deal with this crap.  They must have lots of people calling to argue with their shadiness.

TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was pretty pissed. Once I was fighting it she tried saying that the "Cryopreservation" was just to initiate the freeze, and the other $650 was the storage fee. Well then why does it state "first year" if it's just the initiating process?! Ugh! But I'm glad they waived it!
  • Options

I agree with you --

Or at least do something like (theres a word I cant think of) but pay per month from Oct until Dec and then start over.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Options
    gidgegidge member

I agree with everything so far and I would have interpreted it the same way you did.   Like you need anything else to stress about with all of that!

• Options

imageHazelEyes730:

This.  Sounds like they are being douchecanoes.

• Options
    I'm glad they waived it! I'd be super annoyed too. 3 months =/= a year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"